Infertility Veterans
Options

weird question about prog and AF....

I see so many people that don't get AF until they stop progesterone. For me I bleed right over/through it no matter how much i take..... anyone else heard of this???? Any suggestions? The one possibility is that it is too much of a drop in estrogen and not a prog issue. Opinions ladies?????? I have a consult friday with ccrm.....
Our Blog - http://thedittemores.blogspot.com/
Dx PCOS 2003/high fasting insulin/clotting issues DH Dx with low sperm count, motility and morphology. Varicocele repair (11/1/2010)
2/2011 - Confirmed no improvement - On to Donor Sperm
4 failed IUIs in 2010
IUI#5 and 6- with DS, BFN
Final IUI - Lucky #7! IUI with DS - 20.Jun.2011 - 21.5 mil motile! Not so lucky - BFFN and the end of our IF journey....
Waiting for our family to be complete through Adoption - May 2012 - Hoping our baby finds us soon!

Re: weird question about prog and AF....

• Options
    I am not sure...You even bleed through PIO?  What are your progesterone levels during those times?
    TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Options
    There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to Who Bleeds through progesterone supplementation and who doesn't. Plenty of women with great p4 levels will bleed through if their cycle doesn't work. I'm one that won't bleed through. My natural p4 levels are sucktastic, so as soon as you add p4, my body thinks it's pregnant, even when I'm not. With my failed IVF, I didn't get my period until about 8 days after stopping PIO.
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i usually don't bleed with progesterone until i stop, but they also keep me on estrogen still when i take the progesterone. 
    **~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Hey Meg-

I agree w Gen.  I didn't even bleed w my mc, bc my prog was still so high.

GL and HUGS!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I bled and spotted while on Progesterone on the days I was supposed to get AF.  I guess my body knew better.  I did have to stop taking Progesterone in order to get a full flow though.
    Me: 27, DH: 28 TTC since 11/09
    2/10 & 3/10 Clomid 50mg-BFN
    5/10-Lap Surgery for Stage 2 Endo
    3/11-IUI#1 with Follistim and Menopur-developed mild OHSS= BFN
    6/11-IUI#2 with Follistim -developed moderate OHSS= BFN!
    7/11-FSH-11, AMH 1.6
    9/11-ttc naturally with positive thoughts :)
    10/6/11-POSITIVE pregnancy test!!! 15dpo BETA-220
    6/14/2012- Riley Harper arrived!! We love our little girl
    <a href="http://s532.photobucket.com/albums/ee324/exploshidad/?action=view
  • Options
    With our failed IVF cycle, AF came the morning of my beta even though I had taken my last PIO shot the night before. I asked my nurse about this b/c I was concerned that meant I wasn't taking enough progesterone and she said it was fine. I'm still not convinced, so please let us know what CCRM says about this!
    IVF #3 = Feb 2012
    beta#1 3/21 (14dp3dt)=413, beta#2 3/23 (16dp3dt)=785, u/s 4/11
    EDD 11/25/12
    **SAIFW** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

i don't bleed until i've been off PIO a few days.

i hope CCRM has some info and suggestions to help.

GL cutie

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Options
    I have never bled through PIO, even when my beta was a BFN.  It takes several days after stopping PIO for me to get AF.  Good luck with your CCRM consult.  Let us know what they say!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"