June 2011 Moms

Lost: two slim and shapely ankles

found: feet and legs belonging to the Stay Puft Marshmallow man.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

And Then There Were Three...
Married: 08/14/10
Baby #1 Born: 06/18/11
June Moms Blog

Re: Lost: two slim and shapely ankles

• I just took the SAME picture lol, only my toes are painted red. Such a nasty surprise, eh? 

My doula says put something cold on your feet and it helps draw out the extra fluid PLUS if you're in an area that's as hot as mine it'll feel nice. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    ~*~
    Plumpynut loving on Baby Brother E
    ~*~
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers <3 Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Yeah, I'm trying to find a container large enough to just stick my feet in ice water.

It's STILL 90 degrees here at midnight.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

And Then There Were Three...
    Married: 08/14/10
    Baby #1 Born: 06/18/11
    June Moms Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • I lost mine too but have been advised to go swimming.  The pressure of the outside water can help the inside water move around a bit. I'm probably preaching to the choir though as you clearly live in a warm area.  I'm in Seattle and it barely broke 60 here today.

• I thought I was looking at a picture of my feet and cankles! Thankfully we're having a cool late spring here in Vegas because I know on the hot days it's waaaayyy more swollen and painful. My husband makes crushed ice bags and props them on my ankles and feet for me. It feels so good and helps with the pain too. I wonder if the new mommas have noticed if their ankles feel/look better now that their LO's are here?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • i've been seeing the same thing.  it makes me think of how my grandfather's feet and ankles looked.  doesn't help that i'm huffing and puffing and shuffling around like he used to as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got the cankles and swollen feet Sunday, they are gone every morning but back in full swing by noon. And they HURT! It's extrememly painful to go up and downstairs. I normally have like abnormally skinny ankles. And my feet are so swollen my sneakers I have to wear to work are too tight! Awful! To think I was complaining that we werent getting spring weather here in New England....now this week it's finally warm weather and I'm wishing it wasn't or that our pool was at least useable!
    Nine-Ten Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of FI and Me!
    imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    204image 138image 41image 25image RSVP August 18

• I was wondering if it was a normal pregnancy symptom for your calves to become cannibalistic and eat your ankles and feet. Only my RIGHT side has gone evil - the left is still vegan. LOL

I look like I have two different people's feet. Ugly stuff. Another reason to look forward to getting done - thank god for Crocs sandals, or I'd be shoeless after about 2PM daily. 

• imageKerrith08:

I was wondering if it was a normal pregnancy symptom for your calves to become cannibalistic and eat your ankles and feet. Only my RIGHT side has gone evil - the left is still vegan. LOL

I look like I have two different people's feet. Ugly stuff. Another reason to look forward to getting done - thank god for Crocs sandals, or I'd be shoeless after about 2PM daily. 

not to freak you out or anything, honest but my midwife mentioned to me to call if ever only one side/leg/foot ever got swollen and not the other. I might suggest calling your OB/MF to let them know just in case.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    ~*~
    Plumpynut loving on Baby Brother E
    ~*~
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers <3 Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • They already know... its normal apparently. I have no BP issues - I have a monitor at home for it. (Had Pre-E in 1993 with my first, so out of paranoia, I keep a montior around!)

It happens when you sleep primarily on one side over the other - the fluids tend to 'pool' in one side. Dr said people often panic over it, but with no other issues (No Diabetes, No HBP, its a non issue other than appearance.)

Heck, Im in there 3 times a week... hes familiar with my hobbit foot by now. LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"