Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Leaky boobs in a bathing suit?

How do we deal with this issue? I only went swimming once and didn't put any pads inside my suit, because I was afraid they'd swell up with the pool water, but while I was sitting poolside, my boobs leaked. I had to pull a towel up over my chest and run really quickly to jump the whole way in the pool before anyone noticed.

Re: Leaky boobs in a bathing suit?

• Options
    I think before I was pregnant, wet nipples were always a problem. Especially when I would put a shirt on partially wet. Then I'd have the big wet circles. I would just stay wet enough to blame the water. LOL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Put your arms against your boobs (specifically the nipples) to make them stop leaking when you feel letdown coming on. Works for me all the time, I have to do this on the side I'm not nursing her from to stop me from leaking like crazy. If I don't, I'll leak through a breast pad and onto my shirt.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageTiffanyTheMom:
    Put your arms against your boobs (specifically the nipples) to make them stop leaking when you feel letdown coming on. Works for me all the time, I have to do this on the side I'm not nursing her from to stop me from leaking like crazy. If I don't, I'll leak through a breast pad and onto my shirt.

This is what I did every time and it helped. I also had painful letdowns so I had more then enough warning when it was going to happen though so there was never a surprise and was able to catch it before I started leaking.

• Options
    I agree with the PP about applying pressure to your nipples if you can do that discreetly.  I also have suits (speedos-I'm a swimmer) that have patterns that are forgiving to letdowns and boob sweat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

There are silcone breast pads that stay on by themselves - naturally sticky and they stay on in the water and if you just want to go bra free for a little while, I love them!

They are called lilypadz, they use pressure to prevent leaks

all you have to do is wash them off in warm water and a little soap and when they dry they are sticky again

• Options
    I don't know if this would help you, but I always make sure to feed DS right before we go to the pool.  I hardly ever leak as it is, but this is just extra assurance for me. 
  • Options
    Great responses, ladies! I may try the silicone pads - I don't always realize I'm leaking.
  • Options
    I plan to have DD weaned for this reason by the time I need wear a bathing suit...in a month. But def wear the pads or find a bathing suit that has a little padding in the top to soak up any leakage.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"