Attachment Parenting

Why can't you be normal?

I love Utah Phillips, and Ani DiFranco... their combo album is one of my all-time favorites.  This story popped into my head today as talks of Milestones happened again in Mommy-land.

So, thought for the night, before I go to bed, thanks Utah!

"We were in the Grand Union, supermarket, getting some food, over by Greenwich or Cambridge, one or the other, with old Dorothea Brownell, Morrigan's godmother - now this is education! A little kid was fussing at the checkout counter, stuck in one of those baskets - it's all the lights in those places, make kids crazy, we all know that, don't we? Well, and the kid was fussy, and the parents were ragging on the kid, and... I get them to laugh, and the parents laugh, and the checkout person laughs. Morrigan starts punching me in the side, and said - yelling at me! - she said, "Why can't you be normal?" And old Miss Brownell rapped Morrigan on her shin - rudely - with her cane, and said: "He is normal - what you meant to say is 'average.'  "

Re: Why can't you be normal?

• just wanted to say you have good taste in music, not too many people I know listen to the music that I listen to. :) LOVE folk music Ani is one of my favorites and so is Todd Snider, if you don't know his stuff you should check it out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love that album! Thanks for reminding me about it...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"