1st Trimester
Options

Skinny, pregnant coworker vent...

Sooooo a coworker of mine is 30 weeks along and she's all belly. From behind you could never even tell she is pregnant. She's a tiny thing, somewhere in the size 2-4 range pre-pregnancy. Please don't think I have issues with thin women. I've always wished I was one myself.

My issue is her constant "bragging" about how she never even had to buy any maternity clothes and how everyone comments about how tiny she is even this far along. Today she felt the need to state that her dress was a size 4 petite, blah, blah, blah. She doesn't know I'm pregnant and unfortunately at only 11 weeks I'm already poochy which may be why she bugs me so much.

Grrrrrr.... just irritating. Thanks for giving me some place to exhale :)

TTC since February 2009
BFP - Ended in m/c - 6/15/10
BFP - Ended in m/c - 1/2/11
BFP! - 4/13/11 - grow baby grow!! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Skinny, pregnant coworker vent...

• Options
    I would feel the exact same way.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • Options
    And this is a time to wish saggy post baby boobies on her, lol! Hang in there :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NoodleMNoodleM member

imagechigirlinaz:
    And this is a time to wish saggy post baby boobies on her, lol! Hang in there :)

Haha, yes!

I have to say, I love your siggy chigirlinaz! I got into weight lifting last year and it's how I lost 48 lbs. It was such a passion of mine but I gave it up while planning a wedding in 3 months. I hope to get back into it lightly, then more so after giving birth. Deadlifts and squats made me feel so accomplished, haha.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Maybe she just needs someone to tell her how great she looks -- obviously she's asking for affirmation by making all those silly comments. Perhaps her hubby at home is not very reassuring to her looks....

Don't worry about it and don't take it personally either. People like that either are lacking attention at home or otherwise trying to be hurtful to others -- you can't fix either problem. I'd say just ignore and stay away from her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagechigirlinaz:

Hahahahaah love this!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Is this her first? I know I was little with my first. And now, second time around, I am definitely putting on the pounds way quicker! We'll see  how she looks afterwards, when she's getting no sleep and YES THE SAGGY BOOBIES!!! :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    People that talk like that usually are insecure and want people to chime in and say "You look sooooo good, I wish I looked like that when I was pregnant" blah blah blah. It's annoying.
  • Options
    what the pp said...she is insecure and does it for attention.  I have several family members who do the same thing :)  But I totally agree, it's completely annoying...when one of my pregnant relatives goes on and on about how small she is and how she hasn't gained any weight, I just say "really? I thought you had gained at least 20 pounds already"
    Lauren...Wife to Jason, mother to Henry (4), Wesley (2), and baby George! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! You're right - she's probably just really insecure about it and my silence is probably not helping. I'll attempt to be more indulgent. Unfortunately, we both have bus duty together every afternoon so there's no staying away :(
    TTC since February 2009
    BFP - Ended in m/c - 6/15/10
    BFP - Ended in m/c - 1/2/11
    BFP! - 4/13/11 - grow baby grow!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe thinking about how overwhelmingly lame she is will help when you can't avoid her? lol. I can't imagine anything more 7th grade than being obsessed with how skinny you are...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"