Infertility

clomid~ what should I except

I had an M/C in March and then in May my FSH levels came back at 15, so my Dr is putting me on Clomid(50mg)and I am not sure what to except or will it work, and I need some advice :)

Re: clomid~ what should I except

• ne14pezne14pez member
    I have not had a miscarriage so I don't have any advice from that end, except to say that I am very sorry for your loss. I was put on clomid to get me to produce mature follicles. Clomid did help me to produce mature follicles, but I was producing too many and I did not get pregnant. So it did not work for me while I was on it as far as helping me to get pregnant. Clomid works different for every woman. I know there are plenty of women that have success stories with Clomid. That was the first thing my dr tried me on, and thee are more options if that doesn't work for you. Alot of it is trial and error to figure out dosages and what your body does and doesn't react to. Best of luck to you, and I hope that your journey becomes less difficult and ends soon with a healthy baby. Thoughts and Prayers with you.

DX PCOS in 2000 TTC since April 2010 DX Hypothyroidism 6/2010 Referred to RE 9/2010.

BFP in June 2011, DD born in 2012

Joined the baby train again 8/2013. First month, out due to re-diganosis of Hashimotos.

Sept 2013, 2.5 letrozole and trigger, low progestrone and using supplements = BFN.

Oct 2013 2.5 Letrozole, trigger, and IUI = low progestrone (8.9, using supplements) and BFP 11/6 Beta 26.9, Beta 2 @ 30, Beta 3 @ 25.3, Beta 4 @ 25.2 CP 5w1d

Nov 2013: ? waiting on AF

• Just make sure you are monitored.  See my siggy.

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• Loading the player...
  • If you mean what to expect as far as symptoms, I had major hot flashes on Clomid, even at 50mg.  They were very tolerable because they are just flashes... about the same time I realized how hot I was and opened a window or kicked off the covers, I would be cooled off again.  I think that's about it for me as far as symptoms.

I was not monitored (other than a vaginal exam mid AF cycle - ugh) for my first 2 rounds of Clomid.  On my 3rd round (new doctor) it was increased to 100mg and I basically felt the same even on double the dose. 

Good luck to you!!!  Yes

• I'm so sorry for your loss.  I hope that the clomid is successful with your high FSH levels.  I have seen plenty of success stories with the use of clomid for women with high FSH.

For symptoms, I am really teary and have very oily skin!  Weird things to complain about, but I literally cry about EVERYTHING (while laughing because I'm crying) and I have to blot my face excessively throughout the day. 

Good Luck!!

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Ds MENT

well it's too bad that your doctor or nurse didnt tell you more of what to expect.  Clomid is not a miracle drug. it does not work on many women.  and it does work on other women.  it really just depends on what your diagnosis is and how  one's individual body reacts to it.  i just got done taking the 50mg and i didnt have any s/e.  (i didnt three years ago either when i got pregnant with my son ) the point of clomid is to get more than one mature follicle.  i only got one 3 years ago and will probably only get one this time as well.  it can also have an adverse affect on the uterine lining so hopefully they will be monitoring you....

• First and foremost, I am sorry for your loss.  On the Clomid front, I ditto PPs about the importance of being monitored.  Side effects vary wildly.  I didn't feel much of anything on 100 mg and didn't respond well, but have been a little sick on 150 mg for the last four months.  It is definitely doable, but my mood is more subdued/sad than usual and my head either pounds or feels spacey.  On the other hand, I've had good follies on the high dose, so it is all definitely worth it.  Good luck!
    TTC since 11/09
    Two C/P and Lots of Tests
    Me = LPD + cancer survivor, DH = low count and morphology
    IUIs #1-5, January 2011 - June 2011 = BFN
    IVF #1 in July/August 2011 = BFP!!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
  • Sorry about your loss. I used Clomid for two cycles, first at 50mg and then 100mg, and didn't respond to it at all! So now I'm on Femara and FSH injections, and I responded to that... go figure! So it does seem to depend on the person.

I had no side effects from the Clomid, so it was easy to take, and not very expensive (I have to pay OOP for all this stuff). So I hope it works for you!

TTC since September 2010
    March 2011: Diagnosed with PCOS
    First cycle 3/11: 50mg Clomid = No response
    Second cycle 4/11: 100mg Clomid = No response
    Third cycle 5/11: 2.5mg Femara + 150IU FSH CD7 and 8 = Follies, but BFN
    Fourth cycle 6/11: Femara + FSH again = Follies, but no ovulation and another BFN :(
    Fifth cycle 7/11: Femara + FSH again = Wait and see!
  • Thank you everyone for great advice and help! I think i will talk to me DR and get a little more help and advice as well~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"