Austin Babies

This BFP/Baby 'splosion is making me want another.

And I didn't even have baby fever with DD.

Please talk me down. kthanksbai.

Re: This BFP/Baby 'splosion is making me want another.

• Babies are work.  And they're expensive.  And they're sooo needy.  And oh gawd, the whining. 

No way, no how, no thank you.  Babies can suck it.

2-year-olds are where it's at.

• I feel your pain.  DH won't even talk to me about it.  He is 38 and feels too old.  Plus we decided a long time ago that DD will be an only, BUT reading about all of the BFPs and all of the adorable Bump babies that have been born in last month or so is killing me!! 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • two words:

BLOWOUT DIAPERS

• morning (all day) sickness.

that's what I keep telling myself.Ick!

• ME TOO. (and I haven't even gotten sleep back yet...)
  • imagejoyco:

Babies are work.  And they're expensive.  And they're sooo needy.  And oh gawd, the whining. 

As much as you hate babies, I hate two year olds.  There, I said it.  This "I can do it myself but oh, wait I need help but oh no I'm gonna scream either way" phase SUCKS DONKEY BALLZ. 

The whole "baby stage" thing (as sleep depriving and dark as it was) has almost become an I-can-do-it challenge in my mind now.  I know, crazy, right?

• i'm happy to drop annie off any day.  baby birth control for sure (and she's an angel!) :)
  • imageChandley:

two words:

BLOWOUT DIAPERS

Bwaaahhaaa!  You are so right.

But sadly, we had a blowout just last night.  And lemme tell ya, toddler blowouts that get trailed all across the kitchen floor before they are discovered is NOT a pretty sight.

• imageCollieJade:
    imagejoyco:

Babies are work.  And they're expensive.  And they're sooo needy.  And oh gawd, the whining. 

As much as you hate babies, I hate two year olds.  There, I said it.  This "I can do it myself but oh, wait I need help but oh no I'm gonna scream either way" phase SUCKS DONKEY BALLZ. 

The whole "baby stage" thing (as sleep depriving and dark as it was) has almost become an I-can-do-it challenge in my mind now.  I know, crazy, right?

Yes.  You're crazy.  

Hmm.  Maybe my 2-year-olds are just more independent?  They like to play with each other and leave me the hell alone for the most part.  I like 'em!  Babies?  No!

And wait, you don't have a 2-year-old.  Believe me, when A is 2, you'll like her better.  It DOES get better.  Srsly.  I didn't like my children when they were just before 2.  I swearz.

• imagejoyco:
    imageCollieJade:
    imagejoyco:

Yes.  You're crazy.  

Hmm.  Maybe my 2-year-olds are just more independent?  They like to play with each other and leave me the hell alone for the most part.  I like 'em!  Babies?  No!

And wait, you don't have a 2-year-old.  Believe me, when A is 2, you'll like her better.  It DOES get better.  Srsly.  I didn't like my children when they were just before 2.  I swearz.

Sweet Jeebus, I hope you are right.  A already think's shes three.  Much too precocious.  But good heavens I hope the actual arrival of the second year cuts down on some of this whiny argumentative fit-throwing crap.

• mcgeemcgee member

When you have two, you still get to deal with nasty toddler poo explosions, but instead of JUST dealing with that, you get the firstborn yelling things like, "MOM, THERE'S POOP EXPLODING FROM ALEX'S BUTT! CAN I HAVE A SNACK? WILL YOU GET ME SOME CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM?"

Plus husbands are not nearly as nice and sympathetic the second time around. All the sleep deprivation from baby 1 makes them forget things. Like how tired you are when you're growing another human being, so they get all pissy because they have to take care of kid 1 while you're busy growing kid 2 and taking a much needed nap.

All of those things that sucked about pregnancy, be it morning sickness, swelling, exhaustion... imagine doing it all again but with a toddler/preschooler underfoot. Plus kid 1 usually regresses a little after the new baby comes, so potty accidents in previously potty-trained kids are totally normal, along with sudden night wakings and wanting to be babied. Envision yourself engorged, tired, stinky from lack of showering, with spit up on your shoulder and a screaming baby in your arms, PLUS the toddler poo explosion and A crying that she wants to be rocked. Or you and DH taking shifts getting up with BOTH kids because A has decided that a new baby means she should get up a lot during the night.

If none of that quells the baby fever, then you're hopeless and should go make a baby. 

• mcgeemcgee member
    imageCollieJade:
    imagejoyco:
    imageCollieJade:
    imagejoyco:

Yes.  You're crazy.  

Sweet Jeebus, I hope you are right.  A already think's shes three.  Much too precocious.  But good heavens I hope the actual arrival of the second year cuts down on some of this whiny argumentative fit-throwing crap.

Bwahahahaha. You're so cute. Cut down on the whiny argumentative fit-throwing crap? Honey, you have a GIRL. You have, like, 16+ more years of whiny argumentative fit-throwing crap! Surprise

• imagejoyco:
    imageCollieJade:
    imagejoyco:

Yes.  You're crazy.  

Oh silly Joyce, two is a day at the park compared to 3. Maybe you'll get a break because they entertain each other but OMG the wanting to do EVERYTHING themselves or the talking back or the meltdown because you made the pb&j without him holding his own spoon and "helping" to make the sandwhich. But babies don't talk back and they smell sooo good. But yeah I dont miss blowouts.
  • imagemcgee:
    imageCollieJade:
    imagejoyco:
    imageCollieJade:
    imagejoyco:

Yes.  You're crazy.  

Bwahahahaha. You're so cute. Cut down on the whiny argumentative fit-throwing crap? Honey, you have a GIRL. You have, like, 16+ more years of whiny argumentative fit-throwing crap! Surprise

yes.  this.

my girl is 2x the work and drama of my 2 boys combined.  sigh....

• I have no advice b/c I've lucked out so far.  I have terrible baby fever and the bfp's lately aren't helping me either.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemcgee:

When you have two, you still get to deal with nasty toddler poo explosions, but instead of JUST dealing with that, you get the firstborn yelling things like, "MOM, THERE'S POOP EXPLODING FROM ALEX'S BUTT! CAN I HAVE A SNACK? WILL YOU GET ME SOME CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM?"

story. of. my. life.

• imageCollieJade:

And I didn't even have baby fever with DD.

Please talk me down. kthanksbai.

Um, yeah. Me too. And I don't really want another one right now - not when I think about it logically anyway.But dang it's contagious!

• imagemcgee:

Plus husbands are not nearly as nice and sympathetic the second time around. All the sleep deprivation from baby 1 makes them forget things. Like how tired you are when you're growing another human being, so they get all pissy because they have to take care of kid 1 while you're busy growing kid 2 and taking a much needed nap.

All of those things that sucked about pregnancy, be it morning sickness, swelling, exhaustion... imagine doing it all again but with a toddler/preschooler underfoot. Plus kid 1 usually regresses a little after the new baby comes, so potty accidents in previously potty-trained kids are totally normal, along with sudden night wakings and wanting to be babied. Envision yourself engorged, tired, stinky from lack of showering, with spit up on your shoulder and a screaming baby in your arms, PLUS the toddler poo explosion and A crying that she wants to be rocked. Or you and DH taking shifts getting up with BOTH kids because A has decided that a new baby means she should get up a lot during the night.

If none of that quells the baby fever, then you're hopeless and should go make a baby. 

OMFG, I am DYING laughing!  And sobbing simultaneously.  That's it.  McGee's done it, full stop.  No BabyCJ Part 2 will be happening anytime soon.  Done. Dead. 

In fact, I may never have sex again.  Which I'm guessing would happen after #2 anyway, so I'll just save myself the trouble.

• imagemcgee:

mcgee FTW.  Thank you for that.

• I'm not talking you down.  I just watched 16&P and seeing the teeny tiny newborn made me all kinds of baby feverish.  I told DH I was ovulating, but no dice.  Thank gawd, because I'd have woken up tomorrow morning and went 'OMG WHAT DID I DO?!?'.

But you've only got one!  DO IT!  Two is awesome! 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageCollieJade:

OMFG, I am DYING laughing!  And sobbing simultaneously.  That's it.  McGee's done it, full stop.  No BabyCJ Part 2 will be happening anytime soon.  Done. Dead. 

Oh, but they'd love each other.  DS and DD will stop playing and hug each other, or DS will tell DD "wuvyoo", or I'll try to take one kid somewhere and they'll spend the whole time asking for the other one. AND DS never had any kind of sleep regression or jealousy or anything.  AND DH got up even MORE with #2.  Doooooo it!

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemlf625:
    imageCollieJade:

Oh, but they'd love each other.  DS and DD will stop playing and hug each other, or DS will tell DD "wuvyoo", or I'll try to take one kid somewhere and they'll spend the whole time asking for the other one. AND DS never had any kind of sleep regression or jealousy or anything.  AND DH got up even MORE with #2.  Doooooo it!

::sniff::  soooo cute!

You make a good case, mlf.  You do. However if history is any indication, I am not lucky in the awesomely-well-adjusting-kid department. Okay but seriously you gotta stop! Not. helping. Stick out tongue

• I want another one so bad.  Not even the poopsplosion talk is talking me down.  Newborn poop isn't so bad.  :)
  • mcgeemcgee member

TYVM. I aim to please. Big Smile

Although I will admit, there are plenty of wonderful things about having two... but you said you didn't want to hear those. Stick out tongue

• imagemcgee:

Boom. Consider me talked out of ever having #2! You're good, you're very good.
  • imageCollieJade:
    imagemlf625:
    imageCollieJade:

::sniff::  soooo cute!

You make a good case, mlf.  You do. However if history is any indication, I am not lucky in the awesomely-well-adjusting-kid department. Okay but seriously you gotta stop! Not. helping. Stick out tongue

This is assuming they get along if not there is lots a crying and "mom, he's looking at me. Tell him to stop.
  • imagemcgee:

Although I will admit, there are plenty of wonderful things about having two... but you said you didn't want to hear those. Stick out tongue

Ok, you talked me out of it too ;-P  I changed my mind....

I may need to start a post about how wonderful it is having two!

image Bloom Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNoVA-grl:
    imagemcgee:

Ok, you talked me out of it too ;-P  I changed my mind....

I may need to start a post about how wonderful it is having two!

Um, have you seen some of the siggies around here? MLF and Rssnlvr most recently!
  • imagejoyco:

when u have girls,  the whining never stops.  so far...almost 6 years into the game in my experience.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"