Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Beach nursing tips?

I know this may sound silly, but we are going to FL, & I am nervous abt nursing on the beach. I'm very modest, & I'm sure a blanket would be hot & blow away. I don't want to buy one of those cover things. Any advice? Just whip it out? I have a tankini, I hope I can stretch it down over the boob.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Beach nursing tips?

• We are going in Sept. and was wondering how I am going to nurse in the heat on the beach.  I use a hooter hider, which is wonderful for modest nursers, but it can make it hot for the baby when you use it!  Good luck! Maybe you can get a v-neck bathing suit that makes it easy to whip it out!  
  • I nursed LO at the beach the other day. I wrapped a receiving blanket around my bathing suit strap to keep it from blowing away. Have a great beach day!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Instead of a thick blanket or receiving blanket, try the muslin ones from aden + anais.  SUPER breathable.  They sell a "for Target" version at Target.  I like the idea of wrapping it around the strap.  Have fun!

Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
    Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
    DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
    Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wonder if it would be easier to cover up if you were side lying on a blanket? That way you'd have a lot less real estate to worry about.

I have no experience - just an idea.

• I just got back from FL last Fri, and I nursed on the beach a few times. Not nearly as scary or hard as you'd think. I used an Udder Cover which was light, and the shade felt good for her there. I just lifted the side I was going to nurse her on, pressed my arm firmly into the other breast to prevent leaking (no boob pads in a bathing suit) and when she was done, changed her butt and continued with my day. No problem at all. Have fun!
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Something like this might work,

Here is the link for it https://www.amazon.com/MoBoleez-Tropical-Tiles-Breastfeeding-Months/dp/B002AJ75CA

It doesn't look like it would be as hot as an actual cover. You could probably just find a regular adult sized sun hat with a tie for under the chin so it doesn't blow away.

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • jlpevjlpev member

I have never nursed on the beach sooo no advice there but for nursing in public I have an udder cover & I love it!!  DS doesn't get hot b/c its real light weight & super easy to use.  I would suggest that for you.  I got it free b/c they are always offering codes to get them free.  https://www.uddercovers.com/  I have the brown one thats got white circles & something red on it.  Good luck!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"