Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Best time for party?

I know it is early, but summer plans are something I know people make in advance so I want to do a facebook event to my family and friends as sort of a save the date for DDs 2nd bday.

So her party will be July 30th and it gets fairly hot where we are, and the party will mostly be outside (unless it rains), so I am trying to figure out what the best time to put for this save the date and also for my formal invitations since I just got our stuff today I can start making them.

Any ideas?  I plan on serving a lunch/dinner sub sandwiches with potato salad, beans, etc.  I was thinking later like an early dinner, what is your guy's take?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Best time for party?

• Options
    We're doing a 4pm party for a mid-June birthday.  We'll be outside and have a bunch of toys set up for the kids, including DS's pool.  We're grilling out and will do an early dinner.  We're hoping that as the sun goes down, everything will cool off a bit but I know it's going to be HOT.  I figure there's really no way around it - early morning is cool and late evening is cool but neither is a good party time.  Lunch time is hot and late afternoon is hot but they are ideal party times. 
    DS - June 2009
    DD - February 2011
  • Options
    I agree with the 4pm start time.  Unless there's a specific end time people usually (unless your family is punctual) will roll in between 4 and 5.  You can always lay out the appetizers during that time and then put out the sandwiches at 5.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MsAlyssMsAlyss member

An hour - 1.5 hours after LO typically wakes from nap.  For Trevor that would be around 3:30-4, perfect for an early dinner.  Serve food around 4:30, cake around 5:15-5:30, open presents, and guests will start to trickle out & you'll have LO in the bath & bed by 7 :)

• Options
    Since DDs bedtime is later than most kids around 9-10 then I am not worried about bedtime and her nap is usually in the afternoon, also it can get well over 100degress in late july..I am thinking the 4-5 start time is best as well.  My family isn't punctual at all so it will most likely start around 5 and we will do hanging out, kids playing and eating first and then finally do presents and then do cake!  Now that we are in a house I am hoping my immediate family stays later and we can hang out so if I mkae the party a little later start like 4-5 that will help them want to stay and hang out! We like to play dominoes as a family and other games  so maybe the kids will finally fall asleep and we can have a drink and play some dominoes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"