Parenting
Options

Sweet Jesus, I thought this board had mellowed out.

There seems to be a lot of pearl clutching over video games and tv.

Jeebus.

I guess next thing I know, my kid will be going door to door trading Wii games for crack.

Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.

Re: Sweet Jesus, I thought this board had mellowed out.

• Options
    my kid already does that.  ywia!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If he does, I'll send him home in a cab.

David "BD" 2/8/07 Spencer 9/12/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe the wii can be a conversation to initiate an emotional affair!!   
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

dude, my mom just bought my kid a video game thing today, I have dvd players in both my cars--and use them for 5 minute trips--and PAC knows how to turn on and operate video games on our PS3 and on our phones better than I do.

And he has a tv in his room, I have no issues with bribing with candy and hell, sometimes if I don't feel like dealing with a long-drawn out bedtime, I coincidentally realize he has the sniffles and needs benadryl at bedtime.

I should add that I'm pretty doped up on percocet right now. Things are all right :)

My babies!! Patrick Aydin, 9.24.07, and Alia Noor, 6.1.11 imageimage
  • Options
    It always has to be something
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    well, I don't know how these kids are going to pay their latenight cab fare if they're not competing full time professionally in video game tournaments. those kids- the ones who aren't permitted to play them- are going to be the ones begging JOEbunny for organic fruitsnack money in utopia (which is interestingly just right down the block from the homeless shelter...?)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It makes me roll my eyes. Matthew has a DS, plays with DH's I-Touch, and he's damn good at the games he plays. Way better than me. Do I let him sit there for hours on end and play? No. But a few times through the day? Sure. And I'm sure this makes me an even worse mom by Nest standards, but if I need to have some quiet time.... sure as hell he can have his DS Monster truck game for a bit.
    Happy 4th birthday!
    Matthew James 1/11/07
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"