Multiples

Summer sleep sacks for 14 month olds?

My boys are 14 months old and lately they have been losing their sh*t at bedtime. They still sleep in fleece sleep sacks and I am thinking they might be getting too hot in them. I am a freak who sleeps under a down comforter in the middle of summer so I just feel weird putting them to bed without something for them to sleep in or under. If you have kids around the same age, what do you do?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Summer sleep sacks for 14 month olds?

• we used the cotton sleep sacks last summer - we'd put them in just a onsie inside of them on warmer nights.... though, their a/c was always on, too.

this year we just put them in PJs and make sure their room doesn't get that cool.

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • just pajamas, we haven't used sleep sacks in a while.  They don't seem to get cold during the night.  If your house is cold, maybe use warm pajamas.
  • Loading the player...
  • They used blankets by that age.  You can start with something like a crocheted blanket that's relatively lightweight and has holes in it if you have a hard time getting out of the "blankets are bad!" mindset. 
  • ddub09ddub09 member
    I put them in a cotton sleep sack with just a diaper on underneath.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • My boys are 14 months.  We transitioned from fleece to cotton footie PJs with a cotton short sleeved onesie underneath.  On really warm nights (even though we a/c) I just use the cotton footie PJs.  They both take a light receiving blanket to bed but they never are under it - so far so good on the PJs though!
  • Ok, thanks for all of your suggestions! Looks like it's time to kick the sleep sack habit.
  • My LO is 15 months, and he still sleeps in Halo sleepsacks.  Mostly he sleeps in the cotton ones now, or the mesh ones with foot holes.  I too like to sleep with at least a sheet throughout the summer, and I think he appreciates that it doesn't roll off. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ougrad1ougrad1 member

I keep the back air on about 60 at night-I know, I know...it is cold but, we are in the deep south and it has already reached over a 100 degrees outside well over two weeks ago and the humidity is staggering already.  

The front part of the house (where the kids are) is always at a constant 67ish degrees so, we always dress the babies in Hanna Anderson type PJ's with a cotton sleep sack.  Emerson is old enough to wear a night gown or an oversized t-shirt and be very comfortable with her light weight blankets at this time of year.  We always have ceiling fans and floor fans going as well-never turn them off.

Don't even ask me about my electric bill...it very well could be a second mortgage.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"