March 2011 Moms
Options

STTN but not really napping?

Does anyone else have an LO that is STTN but not really napping?  Since 7am DD has taken 2 naps today--each for only half an hour--and I just put her in her swing to trick her into taking at least one more nap before bedtime.  Is this unusual? Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, do you try to encourage naps?  I'm worried that if she naps more she might not STTN, but I don't want her to be tired during the day, either.  Thanks! 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: STTN but not really napping?

• Options

From my experience the better they sleep during the day the better they sleep at night. If they don't get enough sleep during the day sometimes they can take longer to get to sleep at night.

How long is your DD awake before you try to get her to nap? At this age about 1 hour to an hour and a half is about it for awake times. I refer to this post a lot: https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/29470977.aspx

(Not because that poster is a doctor but she compiled info from lots of other places and it makes sense and it works for us.)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Options
    My MIL watches DS during the day while I'm at work. She says he takes little cat naps (about 15 minutes each). On weekends he will take an hour nap in his swing and then maybe a 30 minute nap after dinner. He does sleep through the night 9/10 to about 6:30/7:30. It's nice when I can get him to nap but I don't care as long as he sleeps through the night!
    June 2010 - IVM
    July 2, 2010- BFP Beta July 5th - 931 Repeat beta July 7th - 2,779
    July 13, 2010- First ultrasound! Gestational sac found!
    July 16, 2010 - 2nd u/s due to bleeding. Twins found! Baby A is great! Praying for Baby B!
    July 23, 2010 - 3rd u/s. Saw Baby A's flicker of a heartbeat! Lost Baby B. :-(
    March 16, 2011 - Nathan James was born
    November 26, 2012 - surprise BFP! It's a girl!
    July 26, 2013 - Lilianna Jean was born

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is the same- little cap naps (15-20 min each) throughout the day (2-3 maybe?) but no long ones yet. He does sleep almost all the way through the night however.
  • Options
    I try and follow the awake times the pp mentioned in the link. I find that DD sleeps better when we catch her before she gets overtired. The more overtired she is the shorter her naps are during the day, I know it seems backwards, but it's true for us.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

imagehispenguin:
    I try and follow the awake times the pp mentioned in the link. I find that DD sleeps better when we catch her before she gets overtired. The more overtired she is the shorter her naps are during the day, I know it seems backwards, but it's true for us.

Us too!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Options
    DD sleeps about 10 hours at night and hasn't been napping very well, but it's my fault. Her first nap or two of the day are pretty good (they are only about an hour usually, but she goes down easily and wakes up happy). But then I usually spend the day running errands, visiting people, going to mom & baby exercise class, etc. and her naps get all screwed up.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• Options
    DD STTN from about 11pm-11am (or 12-12), waking up around 7:30 or 9am to eat. She takes about 30 minute cat naps every 2 hours or so during the day. Every once in a while she will take 15 minute cat naps every hour or so (like yesterday) but that is rare. Sometimes I wish she would take longer naps, but I am super happy she STTN and sleeps late! :)
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DS STTN about a month ago and sleeps about 7-8 hrs. Some days he takes 2 naps anywhere from 45 mins to 2 hrs but other days he only naps once. It just depends. I also find that he is one of those babies that has a hard time fallng asleep if he's overtired. He's gets fussy and fights falling asleep. Yesterday he was awake at 4:30 am and only napped once in the morning for about 2 hrs then didn't nap all day. He had a hard time falling asleep and didnt get to bed until 8:15 (he's been falling asleep around 7 pm).
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"