Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

LO sleeping on stomach!

When did your LO start sleeping on their stomach? My LO is 5 months and rolls on his stomach, but can't roll from tummy to back. But often at night when I check on him he rolls on his tummy and sleeps. I keep rolling him over to his back, so I was just wondering when you let your little sleep on their tummy.

When on his tummy he turns his head side to side with no problem. So I don't know if I should keep rolling him on his back? 

Re: LO sleeping on stomach!

• Options
    At 5 months if he is rolling onto his tummy himself and not complaining I think he is fine!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My pedi said not to stress about it too much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He has been since he was about 2 months old.
            image image  image 
    To be loved, and to be in love
  • Options
    My LO started around 5 months.  He even smashed his face into the mattress.  I called the doctor and they said to leave him alone.  By 5 months, they are old enough to move if needed.  My LO actually sleeps so much better!!
    imageimage
  • Options

imageTBLilyRose:
    At 5 months if he is rolling onto his tummy himself and not complaining I think he is fine!

This.  Let him sleep!  He's fine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Great! thank you ladies I feel much better now.
  • Options

Gosh, I know, it's so hard! I have a 21 mo old and a 3 mo old and the 21mo old still makes me nervous when we sleeps. I guess that's part of "Mommyhood."  But, if your LO is able to roll, I think you are fine. Just check the monitor if you have a video one and if something looks unsettling then go in and move your LO. Heck, if it wakes your LO up, then he/she will be able to get used to falling back to sleep on his/her own! Another plus!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"