High-Risk Pregnancy

Small Update -- Pre-Eclampsia

You ladies were right!!  My Peri came in today, and after working with the Attending, they decided that I was staying...  So, I'm here until the babies arrive, for daily NSTs and vital checks every 4 hours.  There would be no one at home with me, as DH is still working until the babies arrive, so it is safer for me to be here.

Our peri said that it's hopefully a matter of weeks still for us, but will depend on if either baby fails their fetal assessments or if my BO goes sky high again.  If that happens, it will be emergency c-section (Baby A is breech and Baby B has IUGR).  

Any fun things I can do while on bedrest?  I survived today -- my first day by myself -- but daytime TV is a new thing for me!!

Thanks again ladies!  Have a great night!

Mr. & Mrs. ~ 09.08.07

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Small Update -- Pre-Eclampsia

• I'm sorry. I know how disappointing that can be. I don't know why they don't just say from the beginning that you'll probably be staying. I had the same experience thinking I'd be leaving over and over. I do have to say, when my pre-e got bad, it happened really quickly. To be totally honest, I'm really happy I was on hospital bed rest at the time. It is really scary for me to think of what could have happened had I been at home. 

Also, while they do check you frequently, it is not the same as being a regular patient. I felt the nurses were really respectful of my temporary housing situation :) They made sure to give us plenty of time alone to relax and rest. I was able to wear my own clothing and have our own stuff in the room. It really wasn't as bad as I expected. GL to you and your little ones!  

PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
  • I played Yahoo BINGO which is a great time killer. Big Smile

I also looked forward to eating times and would plan my day around what time I was going to eat. Maybe that was because that was the ONLY time I could sit up and I looked forward to that. Movies and books were too boring for me, I needed something to keep my mind off what I was doing there. I would also keep snacks in my room so my doctor and nurses liked to come in and chat and have a snack at least once a day. It was a nice break from being alone.

Hang in there. I know it is boring but as a mom of a 30 weeker, every day is so important, I wish I could have made it to where you are today.  Keep us posted!

Mom to former 30 weeker born early to Pre-E. Now happy, health and growing at home!
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck..just trust in you're in a safe place..& hey.. "you are the father, you are not the father" on Maury..is some great Stupid TV :)
    IVF - 9/09 - BFN! :( IVF #2 - ER 3/16; ET 3/18 with one embryo Beta 3/30 -- BFN! :( IVF #3 - 5/10 - BFN! IVF #4 - 11/10 - BFP. m/c at 6weeks :( FET #1 - 2/11 - BFP. beta on 2/21 :) Thank you God! :) u/s on 3/7 showed TWINS! u/s on 3/11 TWO heartbeats! Couldn't be happier :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"