Working Moms
Options

Personal $$ question

OK. My daycare just told me at pick up tonight that they are closing on July 1st. I knew the director was going through a divorce and it was getting messy but now to find out her husband is the owner of the daycare building and was in charge of the books, so now she is in financial trouble and cant afford to stay in business. I LOVE this daycare. there are four teachers there and I adore them all. The only upside is that they are all looking for jobs now, so we may try to scoop one up as a nanny, since in december we will have another. What do people pay their nannies in metro areas? I am concerned that we can't swing it. Just some honest ideas would be fantastic.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Personal $$ question

• Options
    That's how we got nanny #1. She had been DD's teacher at a DC. I would ask the one you would most prefer if they would be interested in a private arrangement and what their current compensation package is - salary, OT, benefits, holidays, vacation time, etc. What we found out is that we could pay our nanny more than she was making, plus give her paid holidays and vacation, plus offer steady hours (as opposed to doing opening some days (6 AM) and closing others (6:30 PM).
  • Options
    Good advice, asking them and starting there. I just really want to make this work with one of them and not insult them. They are all fantastic.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I know someone that pays $15/hour for a set of twins.

Maybe you can nanny share.

• Options

We are looking at a nanny share. We plan on paying about $18/hr for two babies (this is total our baby and the other family's baby), but after employer taxes the nanny will take home about $15/hr. We plan on giving her two weeks vacation and a weeks worth of sick time. We also will be hiring a service to take care of submitting the taxes, etc. That will cost about $500/year.

DS #1: (Summer 2010) Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Endometrin & B2B IUIs (Hail Mary Cycle) DC #2&3: IVF #1 (November 2011) Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My nanny was making $10 an hour at a center, I offered her $11 an hour to take care of my newborn twins.  It was a win for everyone.
  • Options
    NYC- $12/for one child; $15 for 2.
  • Options
    We got our nanny from the in-home center we used. She contacted me and asked for $530 per week for all three kids. We jumped at it!With us she got fewer kids, shorter hours and more money. We got a nanny we knew and trusted, focused care and someone who had experience caring for more than one child, was first aid and CPR certified, and cost less than three in DC. Absolutely a win/win!Good luck - I hope it works out for you!

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"