May 2011 Moms

How Long Did Your Induction Take?

What did your doctor start you off doing and how long did it take from the time you were admitted to the hospital, until you delivered your baby?

My doctor plans on starting me on misoprostol and going from there. He thinks it will take the better half of two days from being admitted until delivery. What have you ladies experienced?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: How Long Did Your Induction Take?

• For me it wasn't so bad. I delivered 24 hours after the start of cervidil - 12 hours after the start of pitocin. I was 1.5cm/50% when admitted.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was dilated to 2cm and 50% effaced when I went in at 8am. Started Pitocin and just hung out until 5pm when my OB came on (we knew this would be the case). Was dilated to 4cm by then, so she broke my water, and we had a baby at 11:38pm. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Start to finish 48 hours and 11 minutes.  I was 1cm and 50% when I was admitted.  Three prepidil treatments (2-3 hrs each) with two 12 hr cervadil treatments in between plus other doc/nurse stuff added up to the first 41 hrs.  Then I was a 3 and they broke my water and started pitocen. Then I got an epi (praise Jesus).  Progressed from there and delivered 7 hr 11 min after water was broken. 
  • 26hrs...they started me on cervidil and then a little pitocin
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was 2 cm and 70% when I arrived at the hospital. They started pitocin at 5:15, broke my water at 7:20, and things really took off around 11, about an hour, I think, after the epidural. I went from 3 to 5 in 30 minutes and then I was at 9 by noon, and complete 20 minutes later. Started pushing and pushed for an a hour and a half, baby was high. And at 2:10 pm sweet baby arrived. Total of 9 hours.

His three plus my one; we are all excited to welcome a little one!

Pregnancy Ticker

• 22 hours, I didn't need cervadil, started on pit. but my back labor was so bad and my muscles were so tense I couldn't dilate.  Once they talked me into an epi I went from a 3 to a 10 in two hours!  After that I only pushed for 45 minutes.  My ob said things would have gone much faster for me if I hadn't had the back labor issues.  
  • 12 hours and 57 minutes. i was 3cm and 60-70 % effaced and started right on the pitocin. my water was broken around 9:30 am, and i had my baby at 6:57 pm.
  • I was admitted at 7:00 am, started pitocin at 8:30 am...I was 2 cm and 50% effaced.  Broke water at 2:00 pm.....epidural at 4:30 pm, began pushing at 7:15 pm and he was born 4 pushes later at 7:20 pm.  So it was just shy of 11 hours from the time the pitocin started.....
  • went in at 5 cm dilated at 530am started pitocin at 630 broke water at 815 had him at 317pm
  • Went in 0cm dilated and 0%effaced.  Had cervadil and pitocin.  The whole thing took 50 hours with 5 hours of pushing.  I want to add that I think it may have taken me longer because I had a really bad uterus virus for the whole 50 hours (103 degree fever, bad sore throat, body aches, the whole nine yards)...
    Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash.
    Anniversary

11/2013- Diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis
    07/2014- emergency surgery to remove hemorrhaging cyst first RE missed, removed endo from fallopian tubes, hsg done, d&c performed to remove polyphs in uterus, femvue done, put on dexamethasone and metformin
    08/2014- miscarriage, second RE refuses to mark down in charts, switch again
    03/2016- IUI #1, waiting for results on April 17
  • I went in at 3 cm, 90% effaced. We were admitted at 7 am, and started PIT about 8 am. They broke my bag around 8:30ish. I was pushing by around noon, had LO by 1 pm. My whole induction only took 5 hours, which was surprising especially because she is my first. It was nice because it was short, but they were 5 extreamly hard hours.
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Went in at 0cm/0% at 7pm the day before my induction. Started on Miso (1/2 dose) at about 9pm. Had contractions right away so didn't have another dose at all, only had some narcotics to help me sleep. Started Pit and got my epi at 5:45am (was at a 4 at that point). Broke my water at 7:30am and started pushing at 9:50am. Had our DS 30 minutes later at 10:20am. So I guess that is about 12.5 hours start to finish?
  • darmcadarmca member
    17.5hours? That sounds crazy, I never really considered it. They started me on the pitocin at 7:30AM and then the doctor broke my water at about 10:30. I was about 1cm dilated when they started and it took me until 6:00ish to get to 4cm (which my midwife considers active labor). He came at 12:52am the day after the induction started.
  • DS1- delivered 24hrs after cervidil was inserted. C/S due to FTP.
    **Baby #3 is on the way!**
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I started with Cervadil overnight, then Pitocin during the day...for two+ days. I delivered vaginally 55.5 hours after induction started.

Caitlin 4.17.11     Madeline 10.20.13

• 14 hours.

Non-scheduled induction 9 days early due to hypertension. No dilation/effacement.

Admitted at 4:30pm. Broke water at about 5:00. No results. Started pitocin at about 8:00. Can't remember when contractions started. 4 cm at 4:00am, they predicted another 4 hours before fully dilated, got epidural. Fully dilated at 6:00am. LO born 6:35am.

• My water broke on its own around 10:00 in the morning.  I was 3 cm and 80% when admitted.  They started pitocen at 3:30 in the afternoon, active labour started at 11:00p.m. and I started pushing at 1:40 a.m.  Luke was born at 2:51 a.m.
  • Was admitted at 5pm, 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. Pitocen started at 6pm and stopped at 8:30. They started it again somewhere in the middle of the night. At 7:30am, the doctor broke my water and Owen was born at 12:48 pm. So, about 19 hours of labor.
  •  They started me on cervidil at 6pm and took it out at 6:30am. They started me on the pitocin then. In all it took about 25 hrs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"