Babies: 9 - 12 Months

New Phil and Ted stroller won't collapse?

I'm so upset! We purchased the P&T Dash off the Zulily sale recently. I was SO pumped to get a good deal, but it came today and we are ALREADY having problems. We put it together with no issue, and I collapsed and expanded it a couple of times to put it in the car. Went for a short walk to try it out, but couldn't get it to collapse again. Thank goodness it could fit in my car when it was extended. Brought it home and DH determined that one of the "release" triggers is stuck. I am SO disappointed - this is an expensive purchase and, what we thought was, a reputable brand. I called Zulily and they were very responsive and are contacting P&T. We'll see.....

Has anyone else had this issue? How was it handled? Thanks!

Re: New Phil and Ted stroller won't collapse?

• It is a very reputable brand but even flukes happen to the best once in a while. I'd call P&T directly. Their customer service is pretty solid. 
  • We have the Explorer and sometimes if it's not fully clicked into place open it won't collapse. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a smart that has been sitting uncollapsed for a week because I thought it was broken. you post prompted me to go online to figure out what was going on. Come to find out we weren't pushing in the little silver button that is halfway down on the left side. Must have missed that! Check make sure you read the instructions correctly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JhawkCEJhawkCE member

I have the dash, I had an issue with the front wheel not turning correctly and they fixed it really quick. 

As for the collapsing. I will say that when I first got it the stroller was super hard to fold.  The red button was really hard to press.  I still have to jiggle the grey tab while pushing the button to get it to click sometimes, but it's loosened up a lot.  

• Thanks, ladies, I REALLY appreciate the help! I've messed with it a little, but still no luck. The right side seems to be working (I can see the mechanism move down by the front wheel and feel it try to collapse), but the left side won't budge. Jhawk, the red button WAS hard to push the first couple of times, but now has loosened up a ton. It's almost like it's disconnected - like the left grey tab is communicating with the left hinge.

Ugh.

I'm hoping I don't run into issues since I purchased it through Zulily (not a P&T dealer). I called Z and they were very prompt and helpful. They said they would contact P&T and get back to me.

Are you all happy with your P&T's? I'm just not sure if I should try to get a refund or give it another shot......

• imageLittleGreenCottage:

Thanks, ladies, I REALLY appreciate the help! I've messed with it a little, but still no luck. The right side seems to be working (I can see the mechanism move down by the front wheel and feel it try to collapse), but the left side won't budge. Jhawk, the red button WAS hard to push the first couple of times, but now has loosened up a ton. It's almost like it's disconnected - like the left grey tab is communicating with the left hinge.

Ugh.

I'm hoping I don't run into issues since I purchased it through Zulily (not a P&T dealer). I called Z and they were very prompt and helpful. They said they would contact P&T and get back to me.

Are you all happy with your P&T's? I'm just not sure if I should try to get a refund or give it another shot......

I loved my P&T for a while. Then, I started having issues with my tires deflating. I would get the stroller out of the trunk and 1-2 of the tires would be low. I had to start carrying a tire pump, and I was constantly pissed at the stroller.

So, I sold it on craigslist and bought a Britax B-ready. I love it SO much more than my P&T. It doesn't bother me that the Britax doesn't have inflatable tires. I got a good deal on my Britax, and I paid $350 for the stroller with the 2nd seat.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I really like mine esp. since I can stick another seat on the back for about 100 if we have another one instead of spending a bunch of more money on a double. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"