September 2011 Moms

Am I being unreasonable? Store Return Question

So I bought some nursing bras at target and after ONE day of wear the middle part between the cups is ripping!

I bought two, took the tags off and washed them both.  Wore one obviously today that ripped.

I just purchased them yesterday.  Can I return as defective with a receipt or is that super tacky?  I have some serious concerns they would get me through the nursing period if one is already ripping.

I have never returned underwear type stuff, so not sure if this is reasonable for retail.

Thanks girls!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Am I being unreasonable? Store Return Question

• I  dont think they accept returned undergarments. Me personally, I wouldn't take it back just because I get embaressed easily and if they told me they couldn't take my bras back I'd be embaressed lol.

Maybe try calling them first and asking?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • I would absolutly return them, especially quick since you just bought them its obviously a manufacturer defect.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • If it's defective, they should take it back.  Just make sure the care instructions don't say hand wash.  Otherwise they might try to get you on that technicality. 
  • return it. if it's defective I would at least try.

I used to work at ACE Hardware and was always amazed at what people would return (plungers, toilet seats, etc) without packaging but with a receipt. There was a special way we would do the return and on defective merchandise we would get reimbursed by the manufacturer.

• I would return them. They're defective. 

FWIW, I got through 11 months of nursing with 4 Target nursing bras. They fit awesome and I loved them.  

• You washed them. Most stores will take back items without the tags, but not after you wash them.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • bsmeadbsmead member
    I would call the store first.... and if they say no, I would call the manufacturer and tell them what happened.  Maybe they will send you some kind of coupons for new ones.
  • i would return the one that ripped because it is defective, doesn't matter that you have already washed it.

the second one, if it isnt ripped i wouldnt return, you could always wear it now to check, maybe it was just a problem with the one.

• I would try; it's just a bra. They should at least take the ripped one back because they can't resell it. I might not try taking back the other one since it is (so far) doing okay. I bought a bra at Motherhood, wore it a few times, and washed it. It now has lumps in the cups that look like balls of lint and there is no way to get it out. I'm taking it back this week to at least try for store credit. There's no reason we should be out $20+ for sub-par products!

• I highly doubt they would take it back.  Target's return policy is horrid.  But its worth a shot. 
  • Target has a lousy return policy in my opinion - but I would absolutely try!
  • tenfourtenfour member
    i would absolutely try to return them! i find that target is pretty good, i'm a shameless returner. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would return them.  That is a defect.  But, I also agree with a pp - be sure it didn't say hand wash or some other reason they could blame the rip on your actions.  But, I would doubt that they would.  One day of use is not acceptable!
  • I used to work for Target, and if you followed the care instructions and it ripped, they *should* take it back as defective.  However, they are not really great about consistently training their guest service employees, so depending on who's at the service desk that day, you may have to ask for a manager or have them call their corporate office.  I denied a woman's return one day on a sweater she had washed and it shrunk.  We were trained to only take back items in new and unused condition.  I told my manager about it, and she said I should have taken it back as defective.  So it just really depends on who you get.
  • imagewomancake:
    I used to work for Target, and if you followed the care instructions and it ripped, they *should* take it back as defective.  However, they are not really great about consistently training their guest service employees, so depending on who's at the service desk that day, you may have to ask for a manager or have them call their corporate office.  I denied a woman's return one day on a sweater she had washed and it shrunk.  We were trained to only take back items in new and unused condition.  I told my manager about it, and she said I should have taken it back as defective.  So it just really depends on who you get.

Agreed, definitely try to take it back! That's ridiculous that it ripped after one use. And if the first person tells you they wont take it back, try again when someone else is there:) 

• I would definitely try - what's it going to hurt. I bought a pair of jeans at Macy's, wore them for a couple of months and then they started falling apart. I took them back and they traded the jeans out for me. I calmly explained that I didn't think it was right to spend $80 on a product to only get a couple of months use out of and the clerk agreed.

I have to admit that I'm a little more loyal to Macy's now. Target does have a horrible return policy but you might get lucky.

• I would return it, botton line.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"