High-Risk Pregnancy

Baby is here!

So...I wound up missing last week's lovenox checkin, and was already off the list since I'd hit the 40-week mark, but...I have an outside babyBig Smile

Unfortunately, things didn't go quite as planned/hoped for.  I went in for my usual no-stress test Friday morning, to a not-nearly-as-responsive-as-usual baby followed by a fluid check that showed a drop in fluid from 15(Tuesday's measurement) to 4.  Hospital says that's grounds for automatic admission, and a good chance they'll be inducing me(for those who remember, I was trying REALLY hard to manage a natural birth).  Was already in early labor, so they started IV fluids and cervadil Friday afternoon around lunchtime, had a bad reaction to the cervadil and wound up having it taken out after a few hours.  5am Saturday they started pitocin at the lowest dosage, and after almost 24 hours of active labor(at least 95% of it back labor), I broke down and ask for an hour's worth of IV painkiller(still no epidural), just to get some rest.  A couple hours later, our little girl made her appearance at 8lbs 2oz.

On to the scarier part:  after they transferred us to the mother/infant wing, the nurse came to help me walk to the bathroom, where I wound up collapsing just inside the door, coming to a couple minutes later, on my knees surrounded by hospital staff, with a pool of blood and clots the size of my big toe under me.  After they got me back to the bed, they flushed out the rest, which amounted to about a liter's worth of blood loss, all total.  Seems I'd had some bleeding, and with my uterus empty of its previous resident, the blood rushed in and started clotting immediately(my last dose of heparin had been Thursday night, since my Friday morning one would have been after the NST).  Two more bags of pitocin and at least one more of fluid later, along with a shot of something else that they later gave me again in pill form, and everything was back to normal in time for me to get a clean bill of health and be cleared for discharge on schedule.  Started back on lovenox last night...yay for being done with the heparin!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Baby is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"