High-Risk Pregnancy

Oligohydramnios with one of my twins

Hi ladies,

I wasn't sure where to post this.  I was hoping to find someone who has gone/is going through something similar.  I am expecting boy/girl twins.  Our peri noted that our girl had low fluid back when I was 13 weeks during our NT scan (deepest pocket was 1.4 cm).  They have been closely monitoring it (fluid level hasn't changed) since as well as her growth and they are almost certain that she has issues with her placenta and it is not functioning properly.  She is growing at the same rate as her brother, and both are in the normal range (although she is lower average and he is higher average in weight percentiles).

I am starting steroid injections this week to promote lung development in case they have to deliver the babies early due to her low fluid.  

Can anyone relate?   

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Oligohydramnios with one of my twins

• I was diagnosed TTTS last week.  My baby A has low fluid (not oligo yet), while baby B has a big pocket.  I know this is a totally different because mine are ID and share a placenta, but I just wanted you to know I can relate to how you feel.  That is great that she is stilling growing on track with her brother.  You might also ask on the multiples board.  There are some very helpful ladies over there.  I hope we both keep our babies inside as long as possible Smile
  • I just got this diagnosis yesterday, although Baby B (boy) has had low fluid from pretty early on (I think around 12w?!)  He has been diagnosed with mild olig, although they consider him to be on the fence, as his biggest pocket is just about 3cm. 

He has also been much slower in growth, unlike what you're experiencing.  Baby A (girl) has been in the 31st or higher percentile at each appointment, where he started in the 24th percentile and has decreased to the 10th percentile at our growth scan last week.  We had an u/s this weekend, and both had gained 8oz in 5 days, which our peri was pleased about.

I had the steroid shots last week (Monday & Tuesday) and have been monitored with NSTs and u/s every other day.  I was admitted to the hospital on Saturday due to Pre-Eclampsia, and will be here until they're born.   They're more concerned with my BP and their testing results, at this point.

If you want to chat, please PM me.  I completely understand how you're feeling...  Please know I have you and your LOs in my T&Ps!  

Mr. & Mrs. ~ 09.08.07

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"