3rd Trimester

? for you if this is DC#2+

I know that your body has the balloon effect with #2 and subsequent pregnancies, and I also know that each pregnancy can be completely different.

What was your experience with your body changing?

In what ways was it different?

How much of a "balloon effect" did you experience? And at what point did it stop?

Example: Would you say you looked 3 weeks farther along than you did with DC#1?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ? for you if this is DC#2+

• Lurking, but I'd say I'm maybe 4 weeks larger than last pregnancy (granted that I didn't show until 22 weeks or so last pregnancy, and that's about how big I look now).
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • i was the opposite. I was 19 when DD1 was born and I gained 25 lbs. I was 22 when DD2 was born and I gained 18 lbs. Today is my due date with LO #3 and ive gained 15lbs. My legs did swell this time, starting a few weeks ago. The only thing I can say was different was I feel like I had more pressure on my lower belly the whole time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • lynseflynsef member

While I did show a couple weeks earlier with this pregnancy I have gained about 12 lbs less.  With DD I think I gained about 40 lbs (I stopped weighing myself and looking at the scale at the doctors in the last couple of weeks).  This time I've gained about 28.  I think I look a little bigger because I am carrying differently and look like I have a huge basketball in my belly whereas with DD I spread out a little more in my midsection so my stomach wasn't as prominent.

• I'm carrying the same way, round and all in front with this one as I did with my son, but this time I'm experiencing swelling, I had morning sickness, I gained almost 50lbs with my son and almost 40 so far with this one, but you can't really tell anywhere but my stomach, so I'm hoping to go down as fast as I did with DS. I've also experienced the whole "dropping" thing with this one, and my son never dropped so I'm getting all these aches and pains and lightning crotch for the first time
  • I took longer to show this time (I lost about 12 lbs in 1st tri) but now I'm carrying almost exactly the same as last time. My pregnancies have been almost identical except I was sicker this time and I haven't had as much swelling yet. 
    A 4/26/10 and B 6/13/11
  • Hey! Congrats!!! :) At the end, I looked the same as the first time. Seems like I showed a lot earlier, but balanced out by the end.
  • My body changes have been so much better this time around.  I was so swollen and bloated and had polyhydramnios last pregnancy.  Right now, I'm 28 lbs lighter this pregnancy than this time last pregnancy -- and I started 3 lbs heavier this pregnancy.  

I do not look 3 weeks farther along this time.  I think I look right on track this time.  My SIL just saw me for the first time this pregnancy on Friday and she told me that this time I look all belly. 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I have been all around smaller this time. I didn't show as soon, at 36 weeks i haven't gained as much weight, and my belly is only measuring a week ahead rather then a couple weeks.

It might be that i started the pregnancy healthier and about 20lbs lighter then my first pregnancy. 

• I'm a lot smaller this time around although my belly showed up earlier than the previous pregnancy, but I am carrying WAY lower. Last pregnancy I got PUPPS, not this time around (knock on wood, I guess it could still show up) but a lot more braxton hicks, varicosities in various uncomfortable places, and it feels like I've been kicked in the crotch constantly.
  • I'm smaller this time around. It's funny b/c I expected to have a larger belly! I'm not carrying quite as high. I had less m/s and bad symptoms overall. It's been easier! However I'm having a lot more cramping and pain towards the end here. And yesterday I lost my mucous plug...that never happened with DS!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jagged1jagged1 member
    imagelynsef:

While I did show a couple weeks earlier with this pregnancy I have gained about 12 lbs less.  With DD I think I gained about 40 lbs (I stopped weighing myself and looking at the scale at the doctors in the last couple of weeks).  This time I've gained about 28.  I think I look a little bigger because I am carrying differently and look like I have a huge basketball in my belly whereas with DD I spread out a little more in my midsection so my stomach wasn't as prominent.

This! 

• I actually don't feel as huge this go around as I did with my DD. 

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• I am actually carrying smaller and have gained less with this one.

With DS I was up 22 lbs when I had him at 35+5.

With this one at my 36 week check I was up 19 lbs.

I'm carrying lower, my belly is measuring 2 weeks behind (but baby on U/S measuring on track).

I started showing probably around the same time with both pregnancies.

• With DS1 I was a ballon, gained 65 pounds and the nurse told me to stop eating! This time around I have only gained 19 pounds and can still wear regular clothes!
  • I would say I showed about three weeks earlier than I did with DD1. 

However, I think I only showed bigger for about 6-8 weeks, then about the same and I'm actually smaller with DD2 at almost 40 weeks than I was with DD1. I gained about 30 less lbs and am 15lbs under my top weight with DD1.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I am bigger now in the belly than I ever was with other two...I never got this big.  However, my boobs have not increased to the enormous poprtions they did last time and I "look" thinner in everywhere else.  I will let you know if stops...I have a fews weeks to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"