breast milk donation — The Bump
February 2011 Moms

breast milk donation

I asked a while back about donating my breast milk and if anyone has done it. This weekend I donated 82 oz to a baby who was born with some complications (he was born without a butt hole and no one noticed until he was 3 days old, putting him in critical condition). I found a local facebook page for Human Milk 4 Human Babies which is a mommy-to-mommy donation. I decided not to go through a milk bank, mostly for convenience. 

If you're interested I posted about it in my blog - link below, a few posts down.  

**Sending baby dust to my lovely BFPBs Lilleybug (Tyler is here!) & Kellinc1**

My Family Blog

Re: breast milk donation

• Good for you!  I should try that.  I tried to donate to our BM bank, and I dot denied because I take daily medication.  They said they even regulate prenatal vitamins because they pool a bunch of milk together from different donors. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm all dried up but I just wanted to give you a big High-5 for that! I think its wonderful! 
    Nicole, Mommy to baby Jordan Santiago born 3-31-06 and Isabella Grace born 1/28/2011 image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm having too hard of a time with my closest milk bank- being that I have mil dr's and not a set OB/GYN, it's hard for me to get a hold of the midwife I saw to get her to sign off on my donation papers. I tried looking for a CA human milk for human babies site, but to no avail. I could put out a message on CL to donate to a mom for free, but I'm kind of scared of the crazies that might show up at my doorstep. I have over 200 oz I'm willing to part with.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • image TiffanyTheMom:
    I'm having too hard of a time with my closest milk bank- being that I have mil dr's and not a set OB/GYN, it's hard for me to get a hold of the midwife I saw to get her to sign off on my donation papers. I tried looking for a CA human milk for human babies site, but to no avail. I could put out a message on CL to donate to a mom for free, but I'm kind of scared of the crazies that might show up at my doorstep. I have over 200 oz I'm willing to part with.

Check out Human Milk 4 Human Babies - California on Facebook. All you need to do is post that you have milk to donate and your location and I'm sure you'll find a mom in need to donate to. :) 

My Family Blog
  • I did, and now am meeting up to give 100oz to one lady tonight and 100 to another lady this weekend.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • vflipovflipo
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I'm jealous of you guys and your extra milk Crying
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • image TiffanyTheMom:
    I did, and now am meeting up to give 100oz to one lady tonight and 100 to another lady this weekend.

yay! good for you!!!!! 

My Family Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards