Babies: 9 - 12 Months

I don't want "those people" living here

If I have to field one more phone call today at work with people saying they don't want "those people", meaning renters living in their community I'm going to go off on the caller. We have a project going to public hearing for a luxury apartment community and the people who received public notices are insane. I feel like telling them the zip code here isn't 90210 and the city is more known for the prison population and cows than high end living. And when stud renters become so undesirable? Especially when the rent of these apartments will be pretty comparable to mortgages in the area. Vent over.

Re: I don't want "those people" living here

• Maybe they are underwater on their mortgage, frustrated with all the expenses of home ownership, and "those people" really = "the people who are lucky enough to not have to worry about owning a house right now!". Renters envy is alive and well :)
  • imageemiliemadison:
    Maybe they are underwater on their mortgage, frustrated with all the expenses of home ownership, and "those people" really = "the people who are lucky enough to not have to worry about owning a house right now!". Renters envy is alive and well :)

I wish every day and twice on Sundays I was one of "those people".

::kicks underwater mortgage:: Stupid mortgage. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Loading the player...
  • imageemiliemadison:
    Maybe they are underwater on their mortgage, frustrated with all the expenses of home ownership, and "those people" really = "the people who are lucky enough to not have to worry about owning a house right now!". Renters envy is alive and well :)
    No, I wish they were, but they aren't.
  • What city is this?  I'm thinking Ontario because you said cows..lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • chino?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageemiliemadison:

THIS! i actually now drive by apartment complexes WISHING i was in one, lol! pool, tennis court, on-call maintenance. those were the days!

• imageMayoral04:
    What city is this?  I'm thinking Ontario because you said cows..lol
    My first thought was Chino.
  • Ugh anyone thinking apartment life is nice is crazy! We are in a condo and live with a bunch of old crabs! And talk about wasteful spending, it's lovely being forced to do things like having my dryer vent cleaned for 100 bucks. Blah!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"