Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Reposting - Anyone have a NOOK Color?

Considering getting one - does your toddler interact with it? Tried the children's book features? Do you store and watch videos on it? How will it survive inevitable dropping? Any other feedback/pros/cons would be greatly appreciated - thanks! We are flying from CA to the Midwest next week, so that's one of the reasons we're looking at the purchase now.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Reposting - Anyone have a NOOK Color?

• I do, and love it. I actually "rooted" it (similar to "jailbreaking" an apple product) so mine is a fully functioning android tablet now. 

However, it's not a toy, wasnt designed for children, and isnt really an appropriate thing for a toddler to play with. I mean, it's find for those moments when you've been in the waiting room forever and need something for a minute or two to distract your child, but I would never buy one with the intention of using it for a toddler. It will NOT survive the inevitable dropping/pushing too hard on the screen/etc and it's fairly large for a toddler to handle.

We have flown all over the US with our kids and they've always been fine with a small bag of new small toys, snacks, treats etc and a portable dvd player or even an ipod touch is best for movies/shows.

So while I highly recommend the NookColor, I would only buy one if you had planned on buying it for yourself anyway.  

• I love my Nook Color and I let my nieces use the 'Read To Me' feature as well as some apps that were designed for children. Would I trust them with it alone? No, but I also paid extra for the insurance so in the event something does happen they will replace it. The only thing I haven't tried is downloading videos.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a few of the read to me books.  I let my 6 year old use it if I'm close by.  (It's come in handy in doctor's offices.)  I've held it once or twice while LO looks at it...but I haven't let him hold it yet.
    Bianca image.
  • I don't have one- but I do have an iPad.  I let my 4yo use it all the time (with or without me nearby)- he's very gentle with it- I think it depends on your kid's personality.

If you post on the Nest Book Club, there are tons of folks who have one and can give you feedback (although perhaps not kid-related).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"