December 2011 Moms

I gagged a little...

my SIL is THE CHEAPEST person I know. She's 29 and she still hand makes all her Christmas gifts....they aren't even thoughtful gifts, they are just crap she slaps together so she doesn't have to spend money. 

I guess she assumes I am just as thrifty as she is which is so not true. I'm the complete opposite...in fact, I need help.

Today she texted me out of the blue and offered to let me borrow her old maternity bathing suit from 5 years ago. (But she wants it back when I'm done with it in case she has more kids) 

Um, ew.....that's like borrowing underwear....

She also must be high because I'm almost 6ft tall with DD boobs and she is maybe 5'2 with maybe A's possibly B's during her pregnancy.

I told her thanks but no thanks. I have no problem spending money on a bathing suit. (From this era, and that fits me) 

Is this gross to anyone else or am I being a snob? Its gross, right? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I gagged a little...

• I don't think I would want to borrow someone's bathing suit...at least not the bottoms.  She was hopefully just trying to be helpful and hoping to help save you some money but I don't think you are wrong to want your own suit!
    Pregnancy Ticker Missed m/c 11/30/2010
  • especially a maternity suit......women are so leaky during pregnancy....I just gagged again. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Um, ya, that's pretty gross- that's totally like borrowing undies!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pregnant or not, borrowing bathing suits is gross!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think its weird to share maternity clothes, but a bathing suite is something totally different. Gross :)

I love how she would want it back... but the kicker is that she's even kept it for so long!

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Sick!  I don't do used swimsuits!  My MIL thinks I'm a snob because I won't take the swimsuits or used underwear for DD that she used to keep on hand for when a friend's little girl used to come stay with her.  It grosses me out. 
  • Doesn't it make you wonder if she got it used from someone else first??

• hands down gross. my MIL is super frugal too and suffice it to say i am not. it makes me feel judged but at least she has never suggested something gross.
  • Meh, I don't really see the issue. You just wash it first and it's like any other item of clothing. I guess I'm totally in the minority though!
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • klafle3klafle3 member
    imageRuby_Soho:
    Meh, I don't really see the issue. You just wash it first and it's like any other item of clothing. I guess I'm totally in the minority though!
    I'm with you on this. That's what washing machines are for. I'm planning on asking my cousin for her maternity swim suits because we're the same size. ::shrug::
    DS 12/18/2011
    DD 8/28/2014
    DD 5/24/2016, stillborn at 40 weeks
  • I don't think I would buy a used suit but if it came from a good friend or family member I don't think I would have a problem with it.  You just wash it out with detergent and hot water.....
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think it would be gross if it was like, stained or something.  But swimsuits are definitely not worn as much as underwear!  Also, you're swimming in them so it's like being washed while it's being worn.  I've never had a swimsuit of mine get gross from wearing like underwear can.

If you cloth diaper will you share diapers between babies?  I think that should be considered more "dirty" ;)

I also hand make all my gifts.  Although, I try to be thoughtful about them!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"