Breastfeeding

XP: 6w PP and AF returns?!

-->

DD is just over 6 weeks old and this afternoon -- surprise!! cramping and looks like AF is baaaack. I'm BFing and in total shock. I have a call in to my OB to see if this can be real; I've had no pp bleeding for 3+ weeks and now this?

Anyone else experience an early restart while BFing? Anyone else have it be something different?

Caitlin 4.17.11     Madeline 10.20.13

Re: XP: 6w PP and AF returns?!

• IIRC, any bleeding before 8 weeks pp is NOT your period. It might just be the return of pp bleeding, although it's weird that it had been stopped for 3 weeks. I'd definitely talk to your doctor about it...
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Actually, I got AF at 6 wks pp after both of my pregnancies despite EBF. My OB agreed that is was AF, not the return of pp bleeding. I continued to have a fairly regular monthly period from then on. My OB said it was unusual, but definitely possible. Big bummer :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • lilee_vlilee_v member
    I went through the same thing, no bleeding for 3 weeks and then at 6w pp cramps and some blood when I wiped but it was very minimal and went away after a day. I freaked out too and used a pad but there wasn't even enough to stain the pad...don't know what that was but in hindsight it wasn't AF.. hope that helps (and is the same for you)
    pumpingmoms.blogspot.com for all your EP needs! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If 100% bfing, any bleeding in the first 8 wks is considered pp bleeding. I had my pp bleeding stop about 4 wks after AJ was born, then I had bleeding that I thought was af at 5.5 and 7 wks (lasted several days just like af etc) and then didn't have af for real till he was 9 mos old.
    Jennifer, wife, CPST, birth Doula, LPN to BSN student, and 3x VBAC mama to AJ (8, Evan (7), Ilana (5),Olivia (2), and 8/24/12!
  • imagethepeach80:
    If 100% bfing, any bleeding in the first 8 wks is considered pp bleeding. I had my pp bleeding stop about 4 wks after AJ was born, then I had bleeding that I thought was af at 5.5 and 7 wks (lasted several days just like af etc) and then didn't have af for real till he was 9 mos old.

I don't think this is true. I had my first PP AF at 7.5 weeks and my OB said it can happen.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelilee_v:
    I went through the same thing, no bleeding for 3 weeks and then at 6w pp cramps and some blood when I wiped but it was very minimal and went away after a day. I freaked out too and used a pad but there wasn't even enough to stain the pad...don't know what that was but in hindsight it wasn't AF.. hope that helps (and is the same for you)

Thanks everyone! I think this is going to be my story too...seems to have stopped.  Just lovely.

Caitlin 4.17.11     Madeline 10.20.13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"