Infertility

Nervous About Hysteroscopy (paif/saif welcome)

give it to me straight ladies... How much did it hurt?
imageimage

Dx: DH - Azoo, Me - Mild PCOS
DH - sperm found! Seems to produce only for a few days every 70 days!
Over 1 million in cryo in 15 vials over 6 samples
IVF #1 - 1 beautiful expanded blast transferred, 4 snowbabies - beta #1 11/30/11 = BFFN
FET #1, transfered 2 embies 2/16/12 = BFFN; 1 snowbaby left in cryo
IVF #2 + CGH = 4 genetically normal embies on ice. FET September 26th
SAIF/PAIF always welcome

a special GL and prayers to my IF sister Gregermis

check out my blog!

Re: Nervous About Hysteroscopy (paif/saif welcome)

• Are you having one at the RE's office or at the hospital w/anesthesia?  I've had both and honestly the former is uncomfortable, but really only mildly unpleasant in the whole scheme of IF procedures.  GL!
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Will you be under anesthesia for it?

Mine was just to check the lining and inside of my uterus for any potential polyps, fibroids, etc. and I was fully awake for it.  I think I've actually had it done twice...back home here they used sterile saline solution to "inflate" my uterus, and at CCRM they used CO2.  The procedure itself is a breeze.  I didn't feel any cramping (I had taken 4 Advil an hour ahead of time for the one at CCRM...didn't take anything for the one here at home) and it was over and done with very quickly.  CCRM's hurt like crazy for me initially only due to getting the scope in--I had to be dilated.  But if I had any kind of normal cervix, that wouldn't have been an issue.  I just hope I never have to go through that again (unless of course I'm doing it naturally on my own because I'm going in to labor!!)  Smile  Also the CO2 gets trapped under your shoulder blades as it's trying to work its way out of your body, so my shoulders hurt for awhile, but nothing too bad at all.

I'm sure you will be fine!  Good luck!

Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
    DX: High FSH/DOR
    It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
    1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
    ?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had twilight anesthesia for mine, and honestly, it was fine.  And I'm a pretty big baby, lol.  Other than the grogginess from the anesthesia, I don't recall any pain.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the responses. No anesthesia, just in office and they are looking at the lining for polyps, fibroids, Etc...
    imageimage

IVF #1 - 1 beautiful expanded blast transferred, 4 snowbabies - beta #1 11/30/11 = BFFN
    SAIF/PAIF always welcome

check out my blog!

• Mine was uncomfortable during the procedure and was a nightmare afterwards.  I don't mean to scare you, but definitely hang out at your clinic for 5-10 minutes following the procedure.  Directly after it was done I got up put my clothes on and went out to the waiting room.  Luckily, I wanted to ask the nurse a question so I had to wait a few minutes and then I started feeling very weird.  I got hot, almost fainted (turned totally grey), VERY sweaty, and became really crampy.  I had to be put back in a room.  There is a shot they can give you to help you if you get a reaction like this, but I was by myself and had to drive home so I had to lay there and wait for it to pass.

If you can, bring someone with you.  My clinic didn't tell me that this was a possible side effect.  I should say that it is VERY rare and most women walk out with little pain, but just in case...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • smeyersmeyer member

I've had a diagnostic and an operative hysteroscopy (under general anesthesia).  Neither one was bad, IMO.  The diagnostic was probably equivalent to an HSG or saline u/s.  The operative hysteroscopy wasn't bad either - I was groggy the day of because of the anesthesia and I spotted for a few days but that's about it.

GL!  :) 

• KuleamaKuleama member
    imagesmeyer:

I've had a diagnostic and an operative hysteroscopy (under general anesthesia).  Neither one was bad, IMO.  The diagnostic was probably equivalent to an HSG or saline u/s.  The operative hysteroscopy wasn't bad either - I was groggy the day of because of the anesthesia and I spotted for a few days but that's about it.

GL!  :) 

This exactly!! Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies! I am praying all goes well tomorrow!
    imageimage

SAIF/PAIF always welcome

check out my blog!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"