Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Low HCG

Hi Girls,

After 5 months of just reading posts I am finally posting something.  I just got my blood test back today and the nurse said that it's positive (after 6 IUIs) BUT my hcg is low.  She didn't sound very hopeful and she give me any numbers, but I'm going back on Thursday for another blood test.  Has anyone had a similar experience?

Re: Low HCG

• Options

I haven't experienced this, but good luck to you.

I hate to push you away, but maybe you should try the 1st tri board.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagebabiesbabiesbabies:

I haven't experienced this, but good luck to you.

I hate to push you away, but maybe you should try the 1st tri board.

I agree with babies... Since the women over on 1st Tri are actually pregnant, maybe some of them have experienced this.  I know there are women on this board who have been pregnant, so you may get some help from them as well.   GL!!

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't even think about it...thanks so much!
  • Options
    Mrs.UmmMrs.Umm member
    I've never been pregnant, so I may not be the best souce, BUT...from what I've heard it's not the initial number that matters so much as the fact that it doubles in the appropriate amount of time. GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMrs.Umm:
    I've never been pregnant, so I may not be the best souce, BUT...from what I've heard it's not the initial number that matters so much as the fact that it doubles in the appropriate amount of time. GL

I agree with Mrs.Umm. You might also try TTTC since many of them have experience with getting betas done (and many women on 1st tri don't). Good luck and I hope your next number comes back doubled! 

Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • Options
    imageJulieJustine:

Hi Girls,

After 5 months of just reading posts I am finally posting something.  I just got my blood test back today and the nurse said that it's positive (after 6 IUIs) BUT my hcg is low.  She didn't sound very hopeful and she give me any numbers, but I'm going back on Thursday for another blood test.  Has anyone had a similar experience?

I have experienced this and it ended in a chemical pregnancy. Only time will tell if your beta goes up or down.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"