Pregnant after a Loss

Symptoms/No Symptoms. Argh!

So, two days ago I posted about how exhausted, sick, etc. I was and was looking for reassurance that 2nd tri was a little better.

The next day I woke up to a serious reduction in symtoms. For the past two days I've been almost normal. Am I happy to have energy? Yes. Am I happy to not be vomiting? YES! But wow, does it scare me. I know that symptoms come and go, but since my loss was a missed miscarriage at the end of 1st tri, I'm paranoid when I don't feel pregnant.

At least it allowed me to survive a day at the zoo with 40 1st graders in 35 degree (celsius)!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
BFP#1 - 8/27/10 - D&C 10/27/10 @ 13 weeks to Trisomy 18
Missing our Angel Baby Gabriel
BFP#2 - 3/18/11 - CP 3/19/11 BFP#3 - 4/27/11 - Due 1/9/12

Re: Symptoms/No Symptoms. Argh!

• jen629jen629 member

I know it is hard when they come and go...essentially all I have are sore boobs and exhaustion

Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • FWIW, my symptoms started to majorly reduce around the 9 week mark (they were never that bad, no puking or anything).  I remember specifically the first time I went 36 hours with nothing.  It was completely weird to suddenly feel like my regular self.  My symptoms eventually returned and then quickly faded out again until they disappeared for good.

FX that its just the placenta taking over for you as well.  I don't blame you for worrying given your history, but what you're describing sounds pretty normal to me.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • I completely understand and feel exactly the same way. As soon as my symptoms get a little bit better I start to worry that something is wrong. I think it's all a normal part of being pgal especially when you've had a missed m/c.
    BFP 7/27/10, no hb discovered 9/3/10, natural m/c 9/17/10
    BFP #2- 2/1/11,bleeding- 2/6/11, natural m/c @ 5wks
    BFP #3- 4/29/11 - DS born 12/31/11
    TTCAL buddies with LilMaggs and psumel13
  • I'm sorry your symptoms have disappeared (for the time being).  I know there are a lot of ladies here who have had their symptoms disappear for a week or more and then come back.  FX that you start feeling sick again soon.  (So weird to say that!)
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • imageAluenna:

I completely understand and share your paranoia. :) Luckily, we got to see that the heart was still beating after my m/s had disappeared for 5 days, so now that it really seems to be tapering off already I'm trying to just stay calm. I'm just telling myself my body is just rocking this pregnancy and doing so awesome that I'm adjusting to the hormones early.

I hope you find some way to cope with the stress!

...and I can barely get my ass off the couch to get groceries and make dinner, I am seriously impressed that you can handle a field trip to the zoo! 

I love that your 1st statement about your body "rockin' this pregnancy"!!  I might have to steal that phrase for myself as a pep talk when I am feeling anxiety kickin' in!  That's great! 

And I ditto the last part 100%.  I'm not so much exhausted but I can't cook much of anything without constantly gagging!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jertiejertie member
    You are a trooper!  A day at the zoo with 40 1st graders is a huge feat.  To do that while pg is nothing short of incredible.  I'm sure your body just knew this was coming up and rose to the occassion - and you'll be sicker than a dog tomorrow.  I completely understand where you're coming from and I think we all hope for continuing signs that the oven is still baking something.  If they could put in a temporary window or something until it got to the point that we could feel the baby moving around, I think we'd all sleep a little better.  I hope you feel yucky soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagethewayiam:

So, two days ago I posted about how exhausted, sick, etc. I was and was looking for reassurance that 2nd tri was a little better.

The next day I woke up to a serious reduction in symtoms. For the past two days I've been almost normal. Am I happy to have energy? Yes. Am I happy to not be vomiting? YES! But wow, does it scare me. I know that symptoms come and go, but since my loss was a missed miscarriage at the end of 1st tri, I'm paranoid when I don't feel pregnant.

At least it allowed me to survive a day at the zoo with 40 1st graders in 35 degree (celsius)!!

I know it's scary when you have no symptoms or they diminish.  I feel myself up multiple times a day just to make sure my breasts still are sore when I don't have my head in the toilet!  It's awful when you have such a wait between u/s too that doesn't help any! 

That's awsome though you spent the day at the zoo!  I don't think I could have done that so I give ya credit for that!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • julesjbjulesjb member
    Mine came and went constantly and I always freaked out. Without fail a few days later they were back or a new one started. I hope your back to puking in no time!!
    BFP #1 6/18/10 Saw HB 7/15/10 Missed M/C 8/17/10 @ 12 weeks 2 days- 2 D&C's( 8/20 and 8/26) BFP#2 11/21/10 Nonviable at 5wks, possible ectopic. Methotrexate 12/3/10&12/9/10 BFP#3 3/10/11 Beta@12dpo 39 Beta@14dpo 160! 21 DPO 2439 HB at 7wks 127 EDD 11/17/11
    ITS A BOY!!!! Born 11/13/11 BFP #4: 10/29/12 edd 7/11/12
  • ((Hugs)) I hope this is just your body finally adjusting to the hormones.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Mine really started coming and going more in week 8. By week 9 they were at least 50% better. I thought they were done in week 10. Now for the last 2-3 week I will get queasy and puke out of the blue. Enjoy the break- I bet they won't be gone for long! It freaked me out too.
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • It is SO hard when they come and go. I don't have nausia any more at all. Period. My boobs are tender and when they start hurting I take solice in that. I also am getting some off and on mild cramping. I hate the paranoia. My husband thinks I'm BSC but my doctor turned to him and basically told him that I'm completely normal. She's having me come in every two weeks just to give me peace of mind. REally though, I need to have a sono every few days apparently to have said peace of mind. Ugh. Had a sono last Thursday and today i'm freaking out again. Blech.

Have you called your doc?

• Feeling the same thing! I am still tired but my 'bump' has gone down and no sore bbs.  I have had my symptoms come and go before and I've had three ultrasounds so far and all has been well at each one- so I'm just hoping it's normal... from what I've read many ladies' symptoms come and go! T&Ps are with you!
    BFP 11/4/10, missed MC 12/22/10 BFP 4/12/11- DD 12/20/11!! BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"