January 2012 Moms

Tips on snacks or food to ease the hunger?!?

Ok ladies, the last couple of days I have been starving. I'm not sure what is happening, but if I don't eat something every 3 hours I feel like very weak. So, I was wondering if anyone had recommendations of snacks to eat to avoid passing out!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tips on snacks or food to ease the hunger?!?

• Crackers work well for me, but I also keep apples handy in case I'm craving something different. Basically, you want to trust your cravings (within reason).  Our bodies crave what our are lacking at the time.  Often if something sounds very appetizing, you're craving it.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • I've been having oatmeal for breakfast.  I'm not a huge fan but I know it's good for the baby and it keeps me full for a long time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • bananas
    Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
  • I have been snacking on apples and PB. It really fills me up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Bananas and plain old Wheat Thins! Somehow the Wheat Thins fill me like no other.
    BFP #1 : 05.08.11 : EDD : 01.16.12 : DOB : 01.15.12
    BFP #2 : 12.26.12 : EDD : 09.08.13 : DOB : 09.03.13
  • Bananas and other fruit, animal crackers, almonds, greek yogurt...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been doing a greek yogurt w/ 2 oz of  berries and 1 oz of granola and i't sbe a life saver.
    Our Fur-babies!
  • Try things higher in protein and/or fiber. I'm trying to up my intake of fruits and veggies (which don't sound good at all right now). Some of my favorite snacks right now are oatmeal bars, bananas, english muffins with peanut butter and nutrigrain bars. Oh, and of course, chocolate chip cookies. But I'm working on getting that under control. :) Also, make sure you drink plenty of water. That can be enough to "top me off" when I feel hungry but just ate.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jertiejertie member

Oh I love the food-related questions!  Some of my main snacking things that I are really working for me right now:  greek yogurt (more protein than the regular stuff, so it's more filling), Wasa crackers (whole grain) with Laughing Cow light cheese wedges, watermelon, carrots dipped in hummus, a handful of almonds, Popchips, a cup of milk (1%) and fruit (I always pack at least 2 pieces of fruit in my lunch - apple, banana, nectarine, orange or clementines).  I also have a box of microwave popcorn - light butter - that I'll fire up if the hunger is being really stubborn, but I've only had to go for that once so far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• lp0lp0 member
    Plain eggo waffles are my best friends these days. I eat them first thing in the morning before I do anything and it really helps with m/s.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• I find that anything bland and carb-y works for me.  Lately I've been mowing on cereal (granola and cinnamon Oat Squares), pita bread with hummus, and pasta.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Fiber will fill you up fast so a high fiber granola bar will do a quick fix, but also think about snacking on some protein like a handful of nuts because protein helps you stay full longer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"