Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Schedule

This is a rough schedule but just wondering what others are like.

I feel like she still sleeps a lot!   If she's cranky and has eaten and has a clean diaper, I usually just try to soothe her to sleep. Could I be making her sleep too much?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

7:30 pm  Start bedtime routine

8:00-9 pm Asleep 5 oz. 

4- 6 am Wake & bottle - 5 oz. 

7 - 10 am Wake & bottle 5 oz.

She does an eat, play, sleep during the mid morning/afternoon.  Her sleep is maybe 30 minutes. I'll try to run errands or go on a walk. Just get out so they aren't the best naps. She'll usually have a good hour and then start to get cranky. If it's close to two hours since she last ate, I'll feed her. She might eat 1 - 2 x during this period. 

2 pm. - 5 pm Nap 

5 - 7:30 pm  Bottle 5 oz. - play - little naps

Then repeat :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Schedule

• I think you could do more sleep if you wanted actually. We had a similar routine as far as length of naps and I've found I can often snuggle him back to sleep after a short nap and improve his mood in the evening and improve night sleep.
  • Glad you posted this b/c I am very curious as well.  DS is 8 1/2 weeks old and I really thought he would be sleeping longer at night.  You seem to have a good stretch with your daughter. 

7:30-8pm- bath time

9-9:30- feeding time

2-3am-wake up for feeding

5-530- wake up for feeding and then put back down

730-8am- wake up for feeding

Basically DS eats every 3 hours sometimes for 4 hours during the day.  He eats anywhere from 4oz to 5 1/2 oz a feeding.  I have just started supplementing with formula 2 weeks ago.  I really would like some consistency with him sleeping at night b/c I will be going back tow ork in 5 weeks.  He naps A LOT during the day...so maybe I need to keep him up more? But how do I do that? Last night was a bad night, he ate at 930pm, 115am, 4am and 730am. uggghh...

Also, some nights he will have different bed time feedings depending if he went a longer stretch during the day.  So, what do you do then, if bath time is at 8pm, but his next feeding isn't until 930-10ish?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"