High-Risk Pregnancy

Insulin it is, then. *sigh*

I thought this might happen, but I'm not thrilled about it. My numbers, especially in the morning, have proven too hard to control with diet or glyburide, so I'm going on insulin. I'm not worried about the needle or anything (they had me practice last appt, and it's nothing), I'm just annoyed I have to do one more thing. Hopefully my numbers even out soon, so we don't have to be continually adjusting my dosages.

*chanting my new mantra* I can do anything for 7 weeks, I can do anything for 7 weeks...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Insulin it is, then. *sigh*

• I'm sorry that you are having so much trouble controlling your numbers.  I hope that insulin will get everything under control quickly for you.  I like your mantra ;) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You really can do anything for 7 weeks, especially if it's for your baby :) I hated having to remember my insulin, too, so I always do it right before my bedtime snack. The routine helps me remember.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry - I knew you were really keen to avoid it.  If it makes you feel just the tiniest bit better, I have Type II and inject insulin 5 times a day Smile

You really can do anything for 7 weeks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageUK2ME:

I'm sorry - I knew you were really keen to avoid it.  If it makes you feel just the tiniest bit better, I have Type II and inject insulin 5 times a day Smile

You really can do anything for 7 weeks! 

I'm sorry you have to deal with this all the time. I know it's not bad, and there's an end to it, it's just a bummer. You have my sympathy. :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Eh, it becomes habit.  I think it's actually worse for GD patients in some ways, because it's all so new and different and stressful - y'know?

I feel for all of you GD ladies - it's just something else you sure as heck don't need to be dealing with on top of being pregnant.

((Hugs)) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"