March 2011 Moms
Options

Help, I am going to go insane soon!

DS is 10 weeks old now. He was diagnosed with reflux at 6 weeks. Shortly after we started his medication things got better and he didn't cry as much and wasn't in any pain.

In the past week he cries non stop whenever he is awake! He refuses to sleep and then cries because he is overtired. The only thing that helps to get him to sleep is to rock him while holding him close to my body and having the pacifier in his mouth. After he is in a deeper sleep I try to put him down in a swing, bouncy chair, PNP or crib and he screams as soon as he is put down. At night time it is a totally different story, I can feed him his last bottle swaddle him, turn on his sleep machine and walk out of the room while he is awake and he will fall asleep.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to get him to sleep on his own throughout the day? I don't want to swaddle or use the sleep machine because I want that to be exclusive to bedtime routine. TIA!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Help, I am going to go insane soon!

• Options

Are you using formula or BM?  I've heard formula changes can help, but I EBF so I don't know much about that. 

As for the sleep, at this age, I would use whatever works to let them sleep.  They are too little to know the difference with the bedtime routine, and if the swaddle or sleep machine works, I would use it during the day, just not for every single nap or anything... 

Other things that have helped DS go to sleep are walks in the stroller and rides in the car. 

Good luck and hopefully your LO gets past this soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"