Parenting after a Loss

"THE SEAHORSE NEEDS NEW BATTERIES!!!!"

I have never before heard that level of fear and panic in my husband's voice.

Good thing I stocked up so this would be a non-issue. No seahorse, no baby goes to sleep at night. (I have a backup seahorse at my mom's house. Think I'm kidding?)

Re: "THE SEAHORSE NEEDS NEW BATTERIES!!!!"

• Funny, mine does too!
  • I keep a back-up in my car. Totally understand.
    3 miscarriages, Infertility, & Premature Birth Abigail and Adalynn born @ 25w1d Lilypie Second Birthday tickers FAQ: Resources for New NICU Moms
    FAQ: My Friend Just Had a Preemie, How Can I Help?
  • Loading the player...
  • The Seahorse still saves our azz at night. For real.I get it. And the Sams Club pack of batteries in the desk drawer will further support this argument.
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I still remember the first time we heard the dying seahorse and the panic look both DH and I gave each other! ALWAYS have spare batteries hahaha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Umm... what is this magic sleep inducing seahorse you speak of? I'm desparate!
  • haha I've heard DH use that voice about the seahorse. He went to put her down and it was making those creepy fun house noises.
    BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
  • LOL. Too funny!
  • xnbridexnbride member
    LOL-I keep the screwdriver next to the batteries in case of these types of emergencies. DS2 still sleeps with his seahorse everyday/night. That was the best $15 spent.

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Please tell me about the seahorse. I feel like I am missing something that could be extremely helpful for bedtime!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Scout05Scout05 member

For mamas who have not met The Seahorse:

https://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2341&e=detail&pcat=buocean&pid=43203

It takes three reps for us each night, while rocking to sleep. But if I even try to do the bedtime routine without her seahorse, she just shoots me a dirty look and cries extra hard.

• imageScout05:

For mamas who have not met The Seahorse:

https://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2341&e=detail&pcat=buocean&pid=43203

It takes three reps for us each night, while rocking to sleep. But if I even try to do the bedtime routine without her seahorse, she just shoots me a dirty look and cries extra hard.

:runs to Target: For $13 hells yeah we're going to try it.

• Too funny!

Sadly, my LO just stares wide-eyed at the seahorse and me and shoots me, "Really, mom, you thought THIS would put me to sleep?  Do you not know me at all?  I scoff at your seahorse" looks.

• LOL :)
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We keep the seahorse in DS's crib so he has a toy to play with when he wakes up. But only once has it ever soothed him. Sadly, the seahorse is nothing but on object for him to throw out of his crib.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"