Austin Babies

When do you hear the heartbeat?

My appt is for next Wednesday.  By my calculations, that is the beginning of my 6th week.  That's too early to hear a heartbeat, right?  So, what can I expect? 

Thanks,

(Oh yeah, I'll mess with adding a ticker this evening.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When do you hear the heartbeat?

• We had a 6 week ultrasound and were able to see the baby and it's tiny heartbeat, although Dr. Seeker warned us ahead of time that we should NOT worry if we couldn't see the heartbeat that early - (easier said than done, I am sure! hehe)

The first appointment was so much fun, though!  It was great being able to confirm that the little baby was actually in there... and funny to think such a tiny baby can make you so sick! LOL

We weren't able to hear the heartbeat on the doppler until 11 weeks 4 days, which was when our third ultrasound was.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • From what I understand that is right on the border--so you might hear something, you might not.  I was able to hear Griffin's heartbeat for the first time at 5w6d.  It was slow, and my OB told me it more than likely had just started beating that day. With Jackson I think I heard it around 6w3d. 

:-)

• Loading the player...
  • Ditto Amethyst.  We had appts every freaking week w/ the boys and I saw the heartbeats around 5w, then heard them the next week.  With a doppler, which is what most "normal" pregnant women get at appts, I wouldn't expect to hear it anytime soon--maybe 12w?
  • imageAdamsKitten:

We had a 6 week ultrasound and were able to see the baby and it's tiny heartbeat, although Dr. Seeker warned us ahead of time that we should NOT worry if we couldn't see the heartbeat that early - (easier said than done, I am sure! hehe)

The first appointment was so much fun, though!  It was great being able to confirm that the little baby was actually in there... and funny to think such a tiny baby can make you so sick! LOL

We weren't able to hear the heartbeat on the doppler until 11 weeks 4 days, which was when our third ultrasound was.

This is what I'm looking forward to!  I still can't believe it's real.  (I may or may not be taking the rest of my pregnancy tests each morning just to remind myself that it is. Embarrassed

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJess.O:
    imageAdamsKitten:

We had a 6 week ultrasound and were able to see the baby and it's tiny heartbeat, although Dr. Seeker warned us ahead of time that we should NOT worry if we couldn't see the heartbeat that early - (easier said than done, I am sure! hehe)

This is what I'm looking forward to!  I still can't believe it's real.  (I may or may not be taking the rest of my pregnancy tests each morning just to remind myself that it is. Embarrassed

I took 3... but haven't taken one in a while.  I took two the day I found out... and one on my way to my first appointment... just to make sure I was actually pregnant and wasn't going to look silly going into my first appointment NOT being pregnant.  For some reason it still hadn't sunk in at that time.  LOL

The third was actually a digital one.  I wanted to see the words to make sure I wasn't misreading the VERY dark lines of my first two positives! 

It finally seems real though :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"