Multiples

Babies eating habits are killing me!

Both my DD and DS like to eat for 5+ minutes then quit on me. I try to wake them up, move them around etc but they purse their lips and refuse to feed more.  I'm still feeding one at a time so I put one down and pick up the other to feed them. Of course 1 minute in to feeding the second kid the first one throws a fit because they're still hungry.Then its a good 5+ minutes of screaming from the first until the 2nd lets go.  Put the first back and repeat the routine but with kid 2 hollering.  Repeat until both quit trying to eat their hands and appear satisfied.  

Please tell me they will grow out of this and soon! It makes feeding tim take much longer and requires a second person or the ability to withstand some serious crying.  I've tried everything I can think of to get them to keep nursing during the same session before I set one down to pick up the other.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Babies eating habits are killing me!

• I hate to say it but even with tandem nursing, this is how it goes in the early weeks with twins :(  Just hang in there, it does get better.  I know it's really hard, but the more diligent you can be with burping, the happier they'll be.... it's just frustrating cuz sometimes burping alone can take nearly 5 minutes, too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"