Single Parents

1 year as a single parent this Friday...

...and I am happy as can be! It hasn't been perfectly smooth sailing all year long but it was way better than the previous year with Ex. So to celebrate, I am going to visit with family and also celebrate sister's birthday and graduation. Ex is going to take LO this Friday afternoon and while he is having his first afternoon ever with LO by himself (I know his mother has been doing everything for LO on their visits and I thoroughly expect him to crash and burn), I am treating myself to a manicure & pedicure (courtesy of my mom as a belated mother's day gift since we couldn't be together that weekend), and a hair cut, and short shopping trip and maybe a movie with sister. Whoohoo :-)

Re: 1 year as a single parent this Friday...

• Good for you! Enjoy your weekend : ) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Glad you are finding happiness!

FYI - not a random lurker, have posted my issues on here before - 8 months pregnant and going through divorce because of ex's addicition/behaviors - but can't post much detail since its not final and I may be cyber stalked.

• Loading the player...
  • glad you are happy and managing with little or no help from your ex.  It looks as if I am going the same road (g-d forbid).  I am seven months pregnant and although we are still a couple I cannot hear enough how resentful he is that she coming along as he has enough.  Well isn't that what a vasectomy is for? Hopefully your ex will do just fine with LO and crash and burn.  Sounds good that you seem to have his mom for support at least.  Good luck to you.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image35baby:
    glad you are happy and managing with little or no help from your ex.  It looks as if I am going the same road (g-d forbid).  I am seven months pregnant and although we are still a couple I cannot hear enough how resentful he is that she coming along as he has enough.  Well isn't that what a vasectomy is for? Hopefully your ex will do just fine with LO and crash and burn.  Sounds good that you seem to have his mom for support at least.  Good luck to you.

Ex was resentful of LO when she arrived and he blamed her for my leaving. Which isn't entirely off since her arrival made me wake-up and realize I need a partner in life, not a newborn and 26 year old 'newborn'. He even went so far as to say that if he had seen this coming he would have pushed for an abortion. I should have smacked him when he said that.

Oh, and LO completely refused to approach him Friday afternoon. She ran to Grandpa's arms and screamed at her dad if he approached. Grandpa had to put her in the truck since I wasn't there. Sunday's visit didn't start much better...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"