Cincinnati Babies
Options

Kroger Couponers

I'm trying to be better about my couponing.  I went today armed with printed coupons and digital coupons but I'm confused by my receipt.  I thought that all coupons under a dollar doubled up to a dollar but it isn't showing that on my receipt.  Any ideas or tips for me?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Kroger Couponers

• Options
    It's been awhile since I've couponed, but I do not believe the digital coupons double. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Manufacturers coupons double up to 50 cents!
    image Momma to Ms. C age 16 months and Mr. C age 3 months!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hmmm.  Well, all coupons under a dollar double (35 cents = 70 cents) then any 50 cents or over double up to a dollar (50 cents = 1 dollar, 75 cents = 1 dollar).

The only time paper coupons don't is when it's a coupon that Kroger sends you in the mail (be it a store coupon or a manufacturers coupon from Kroger).  Those just plain ol' don't double.  Digital coupons loaded to your card don't double either.

• Options
    kmn3kmn3 member
    imagehannah&ben:

Hmmm.  Well, all coupons under a dollar double (35 cents = 70 cents) then any 50 cents or over double up to a dollar (50 cents = 1 dollar, 75 cents = 1 dollar).

The only time paper coupons don't is when it's a coupon that Kroger sends you in the mail (be it a store coupon or a manufacturers coupon from Kroger).  Those just plain ol' don't double.  Digital coupons loaded to your card don't double either.

This!!  In addition, recently the policy was enforced to prohibit "stacking".  You can no longer use a paper and a digital coupon on the same item. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Kroger is no longer allowing you to "stack" a manufacture coupon with a digital coupon. You can check out the "official Cincinnati region" coupon policy at https://www.cincinnaticoupons.net/2011/05/23/kroger-cincinnati-region-coupon-policy/ We are the only ones in the tri-state with the "official" answer to a HUGE misunderstanding!

Secondly, digital coupons do not double and are only redeemed once. So if you purchase 2 of a item and the coupon is for $.55/1 then that's only going to be used once.

If you have any coupon questions feel free to PM me!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    re: stacking coupons - some of our cashiers still do it. I actually watched a manager train a new cashier to do this for me last week. Unfortunately I can never seem to remember which cashier is which.

Also, I had it suggested to me, but haven't tried it yet, to not give them your Kroger card until they tell you your total. Apparently the idea is:

#1 - paper coupons are almost always for more than the digital ones, & can be doubled. If you accidentally have both, and they've already scanned your card, they won't accept your paper coupon, and you lose more $$ than if they'd done the paper ones first.

#2 - some people claim that if you wait until the very end to give them your card, the computer will stack the coupons automatically, taking the cashier out of the equation.

Again, just got this info last week, so haven't tried it yet, but that's what I was told. It's worth a shot.

Oh, also re: doubling coupons - some paper manufacturer coupons will actually say "do not double" on them. So that's another possibility.

And... if you have coupons for Target, Meijer, biggs, whatever - as long as they say "manufacturer coupon" and not "store coupon" you can use them at Kroger (or at any store, really).

Happy Saving!

Smile
  • Options

I never load digital coupons, because I feel that I can get better deals with just using the paper coupons. If a coupon was doubled, it should be listed as "bonus coupon" on your receipt. Any coupons sent to you in an insert from Kroger, or digital coupons do not double. Kroger will double any coupons under $0.50, and basically anything $0.50 or above would be $1.00.

I've been couponing for a couple months now and always keep track of what my total will be after coupons and my plus card. Because I've run into a few circumstances where they missed a coupon, when I know I gave them the correct number. They most likely stuck together and I went to customer service and got my $1.00 refunded to me.

It's a little extra work with couponing, but it's definitely rewarding. :) 

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• Options

If you put yout Kroger card in last, it will let you stack coupons :)  Just an FYI!  I use paper and digital and have never had problems (just got Pediasure for $3 b/c I had a $2 digital and $5 manuf. coupon from krogers).  It should come up as bonus coupon.

Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"