Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Anyone do a modified schedule for shots?

LO is going for his 2 month check up (a little late but we have been away for two weeks) and is getting shots- I am wanting to only give a few at a time instead of all at once- anyone do this? Did the dr choose which to give when? Advice?
Colton Emanuel
March 16, 2011

My Blog

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone do a modified schedule for shots?

• We will be doing it again for this baby. I only get 2 shots per visit and ask the dr. to decide which shots are most necessary at the visit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My rule is one needle per visit. Last week Alice recieved one of her shots and I will take her back this week for the other one. This way its easier to determine what she is reacting to if she has one. The nurse just picked one to give, it didn't matter which one. The nurse and the doctor both asked me why I was doing this, so I just told them that I was concerned about adverse reactions. They were ok with this. The doctor even said that they are thinking about seperating the year shots because there are three and he thinks that's just cruel.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • skioskio member
    My pedi only does 1-2 shots per visit, but we go every 4 weeks. They gave me a printout of their vaccination schedule at her first visit and I'm happy with it.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • jgoojgoo member

imageMG7:
    We will be doing it again for this baby. I only get 2 shots per visit and ask the dr. to decide which shots are most necessary at the visit.

This is what we do as well. Did it for my son & it worked fine & will be doing it for DD. She got 2 shots at 2 months, & then we'll go back at 3 months to administer the others. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Canada (well, my region at least) there are only two shots. One contains DTaP, Polio and Hib, and the other is the pneumococcal vaccine. I split them up. DD received the DTaP etc. vaccine at 2,4 and 6 mos., will receive the pn at 3, 5 and 7 mos.

Edit: I chose to do the DTaP first b/c pertussis is going around.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Our pediatrician's office does one shot at a time. And they have a schedule that they use. I would ask your ped's office if they do a modified schedule and if so, how they do it. DS just got his first shot, the hepatitis vaccine, at 1 mo.
    BFP #1 5/1/10, missed mc dx 6/4/10 BFP #2 8/5/10, baby boy arrived 4/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"