October 2011 Moms

"Are you going to get one of those totally creepy 3d ultrasounds??"

One of my best friends asked me this yesterday. "Are you going to get one of those totally creepy 3d u/s? They are so creepy and weird." 

#1- The ultrasound machine my midwife uses IS a 3d ultrasound machine. She just has to push a button to transfer from 2d to 3d, so it's no big deal either way and we actually saw the baby in 3D at only 10 weeks. And it was awesome.

#2- Why would I think seeing my sweet baby as he is growing inside me be CREEPY and WEIRD, whatsoever?!!?

SERIOUSLY. People are really starting to irritate the hell out of me.

Re: "Are you going to get one of those totally creepy 3d ultrasounds??"

• Mrs. MoMrs. Mo member
    Honestly, I was creeped out when I first saw DD in 3D. I had no idea the tech switched it over and my exact words were "What the heck IS that ?!?!?!" She then replied "Ummmm, your baby" and DH just laughed. IMO, some really do look creepy. The one's that are taken further along when the baby starts to have some fat on them look nicer (more normal) than the one's that show an emaciated looking baby. I think it's a perfectly normal reaction and feeling towards them.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • MereBMereB member
    Although I think her question is a little rude, I too think they're a bit creepy- but cool at the same time.  I've finally realized that the little pictures we take home are nowhere near as cool as it is to see the baby live on the screen.  So it can be hard for family members/friends to view it as you do.  I got a ton of 3D ultrasounds with my 1st pregnancy, but I'm at a different practice this pregnancy (we moved) and they only give you 3D if you schedule one specifically and pay an extra $100 out of pocket.  I'd rather save that money for something we actually need.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMereB:
    Although I think her question is a little rude, I too think they're a bit creepy- but cool at the same time.  I've finally realized that the little pictures we take home are nowhere near as cool as it is to see the baby live on the screen.  So it can be hard for family members/friends to view it as you do.  I got a ton of 3D ultrasounds with my 1st pregnancy, but I'm at a different practice this pregnancy (we moved) and they only give you 3D if you schedule one specifically and pay an extra $100 out of pocket.  I'd rather save that money for something we actually need.

i agree completly...

• imageMereB:

i agree completly...

• I thought it was amazing... yes, to some it's creepy, and I had to talk my DH into not judging the baby when he sees it cause it was only 20 weeks and might still look like an alien, but we were pleasantly surprised that it's actually looking like a cute little baby!! Even if it is only the length of a spoon! :)
  • I understand that some people find them weird or 'creepy', but I personally dont think there is anything about seeing my OWN baby that is creepy. And it wasn't just the statement she made that bugged, it was her way of putting it that made it sound like anyone who ever considers getting a 3D must be out of her mind. Like the way she said it made it come across as "I really hope you arent considering getting one of those because they are so gross".

I suppose I'm just sick of hearing other peoples opinions about my own choices for me and my baby.

• I thought it was pretty amazing IMO!  I loved seeing my little man on the screen knowning that is what my FI & I made together! It's amazing how much technology has come along from 2D to 3D...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think they look like sepia toned aliens. I'm not sure if my OB office even has one...but I'm sure they do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had 3D ones done with our first once at 28 weeks then at 30 weeks (we got to go the second time for free, complimentary) and I absolutely LOVED it! I think they are so neat and amazing to look at and to watch when you get them done! We will definitely be getting them done for this baby as well, around the same time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"