Stay at Home Moms

Burning Bushes and my DS?

So on Monday morning, we had a freak fire in the back yard.  A power line went down and did not short out like it is suppose to.  It caught some bushes on fire and burned a hole in the ground a foot deep and a couple of other holes.  It was a freak thing, and the fire was out in about 1/2 hour, but we had to get the kids out of the house at 4:30 in the morning, fire trucks, police, Power trucks, ect. The next day, the burned bushes were still smouldering, so we told DS to stay way from them.

So for the last 2 days, he walks around the yard and will not go near ANY bush.  He points at them and says "hot", but stays away.  We have a small yard with lots of bushes.  It is partly funny, but becoming annoying since he is afraid to go past any bush.  The burned bushes have been removed, but are in the street for the trash man.  They are no longer hot and he is not allowed in the street.  Any ideas on how to calm his new fear of bushes?  

Re: Burning Bushes and my DS?

• aww. that is sad. but as you said kinda funny.

I guess I would just try to reassure him by telling him the bushes are all okay now and they are all better.

definitely one for the memory book.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Crazy story.

I wouldn't do anything about DS and the bushes.  He'll forget as long as you don't make a big deal about it.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Very crazy!

Depending on your LO, I would either 

-Ignore it, he'll forget.

-Have him help you make them cold (i.e. throwing ice cubes on them and then touching the bushes and saying "all better, not hot" or pouring water on them) something like that.  

DD doesn't do so swell at the ignore it way, so we usually make her part of the solution to "fix it" and then she moves on.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"