We're in the process of house hunting and have come across a few things that I have got me thinking.....here's my poll.
1. If you have a "sitting room", what do you use it for? In some houses we've been in, it's totally different from the dining room or living room and often times it's disconnected, but doesn't have a door if that makes sense. What's the purpose of your sitting room? Or can you think of a purpose (if any) beside "sitting"? (haha)
2. Backsplash. Does anyone have any clue how much this could cost. I've seen kitchens with great countertops but no backsplash. I have no idea where to start on picking one out or how much it'd cost to have it installed.
3. Does anyone live on a cul-de-sac street? Or at the end of a cul-de-sac? Pros/cons?
4. Living in a neighborhood that has a public membership pool? Means that anyone can use it as long as they pay the membership (not just the neighborhood). Any thoughts on this?
5. Location. How important is location to you? If you found 'the one" and it wasn't in as ideal a location of "an okay" house you just liked (but didn't feel it was necessarily the one), would you still want to purchase?
6. Would you rather move into a house that already had all the work done (move in ready) and was more expensive? Or a house that needed a little TLC (some work here and there, nothing too extensive? and was cheaper?
7. With LOs in the house, how do you feel about raised decks? Very high off the ground and have more than 10 steps to get to the backyard from the deck? Would that be an issue?
8. How about the age of a house? What is too old for you to purchase?
These are all factors that have been running through my head for the past weeks. Just curious what the majority says. If you made it this far through the poll, TIA!