Infertility

IUI medication not covered by insurance

We met with our RE last friday and went over a plan for doing back to back IUI with Letrozole and Ovidrel. I'm extremely grateful that our insurance covers the Letrozole, but it does not cover Ovidrel. It would be $85 for 1 injection though my insurance, but my RE said to shop around and look at other pricing.

I was wondering if anyone has used online fertility pharmacies to purchase their medication? Or did you use any sort of online pharmacy? Any issues with them like fraud or bad customer service? Any of them you would highly recommend?

Our IUI isn't scheduled until July so it gives me some time to price everything out. 

Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: IUI medication not covered by insurance

• The best price I found for ovidrel was through Freedom Fertility pharmacy.  It was $70, and they have great customer service.

After 2+ years and multiple treatment cycles,
    including an IVF vacation in Costa Rica/Panama,
    IVF #2 brought us our miracle baby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise!  Baby Boy is on the way!

• imagelove2b_mrst:
    The best price I found for ovidrel was through Freedom Fertility pharmacy.  It was $70, and they have great customer service.

I loved working with Freedom pharmacy, but they started charging $30 extra for Ovidrel if you were not also purchasing gonadotropins or another fertility medication through them. I believe I ended up using The Apothecary Shop on my last order.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have had no problems with Freedom Fertility.  I've also used a local fertility pharmacy.  Unfortunately, the cheapest I have gotten Ovidrel since Freedom's price went up was $80, so your $85 price sounds about right.  Good luck with the IUI!
    TTC since 11/09
    Two C/P and Lots of Tests
    Me = LPD + cancer survivor, DH = low count and morphology
    IUIs #1-5, January 2011 - June 2011 = BFN
    IVF #1 in July/August 2011 = BFP!!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
  • kzawislkzawisl member
    I got it for $74 last cycle from Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy
    Me: 30, Dx Unexplained/hypothalamic amenorrhea
    DH: 31, normal!
    April/May 2011: Menopur + Ovidrel +TI = BFN
    Oct 2011: Menopur + Hcg +IUI = BFP!
    Beta #1 (13dpiui)= 129.7, Beta #2 (15 dpiui)= 305
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome!
    My Blog

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Have them submit the drug and see if they'll consider covering it. I know this seems really unheard of (to me at least) but they did this for my Ovidrel!

The pharmacy ran my insurance, insurance said no, then I got a letter in the mail that said a board reviewed my denial and they will now cover my Ovidrel through May 2012. God I hope I don't need that though ;)  

imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"