Multiples

Introduction & question

Hello all - I've been lurking on this board since February when we first found out we were having twins. I have so enjoyed reading your comments and suggestions - it has helped me feel much more prepared for what's to come!

Quick overall of my details: we are having boy/girl twins and have chosen our names (Ramona Elizabeth and Carson Michael). I've had a relatively (knock on wood) uneventful pregnancy so far - some first trimester bleeding but not too terrifying. I have gained most of my weight in my belly which is awesome, but has been putting a lot of pressure on my lower back and tailbone. I work at a desk all day and try to remember to take breaks to walk around and/or stretch but sometimes I get caught up and forget for longer periods of time. I eventually reach a point where it is so painful to move from a sitting to standing position that I can barely pull myself out of my chair. I have tried using different chairs and adding a small pillow to either sit on or support my back but nothing seems to help much. Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Introduction & question

• my OB told me to expect to leave work between 24 and 28w, even if all was going well.  I left at 27w - all was fine- but I didn't want to risk PTL - and it was uncomfortable to work.

If you are in that much pain - i would talk to your boss about working from home a few days a week if you can --- and talk to your OB about it- might be time to leave work soon.... that much pain is not "normal"... might not be BAD but you shouldn't be doing anything that puts you in THAT much pain.

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • Welcome out of lurking.  I'm just a week or so ahead of you.  Congrats on your twins!  I too have had a lot of tailbone pain mostly (my back has oddly been ok) but I know what you mean about going from sitting to standing.  I've not found any good solution - although I have a couple friends that have swore by seeing a chiro for those issues...I haven't done it yet.  But may be worth considering!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"