Infertility
Options

Should I be worried?

I started my first cycle of injections this month.  I am on CD7 and taking 75 IU Menopur.  I went in for an u/s on Sunday and had two follies at 10 and 11.  They had me continue with the injections for two more days.  I went in again today and I have 2-10s, 1-11, 2-12s and 1-13!  My RE won't do an IUI on me if I have more than two mature follicles.  Do you think I need to be concerned that I overstimulated and will get cancelled?

I know my follies still have a way to go but I am not used to this.  I have very long cycles normally and I am lucky to have one follie at an 11 on CD16.  Maybe this is completely normal and I am freaking out for no reason...

Lucky IUI #3 Clomid + Menopur + IUI = BFP!!!
Beta #1 (9.15.11) ~ 437!!! Beta #2 (9.19.11) ~ 1,854!!! EDD 05.24.2012 TWINS!!! BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Should I be worried?

• Options

I'd say there's a chance you could end up cancelled. Those follies are all very close in size so it is entirely possible they will continue that way and will all be mature.

I'm glad your RE will cancel you, though. Any reputable RE would.

I don't think you should really worry about OHSS...just being cancelled since it is an IUI. You could always switch to IVF if you don't want to "waste" the cycle.

TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• Options
    Hmmm, I tend to agree with madelyn that there's definitely a chance that all of those follicles will mature at the same time.  I'm sorry the waiting game is so stressful!!  And really, we never know what our bodies are going to do.  I hope all but the best two stop growing and this is a successful cycle.  Good Luck!

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's really a crap shoot! at my CD 11 u/s I had about 6-8 follies ranging from 11-13 and was told I had a 50% chance of being cancelled. In the end, I only ended up with 3 mature and was able to proceed. You realy dont know whats going to happen at this point, but yes there is a good chnace you might get cancelled if they all keep growing.
    My Blog
    DD #1 {04-19-2004}
    Secondary IF: Severe MFI (low testosterone, low count, low morph, & very low motility) & Annovulation
    After 22 months IUI # 3 Clomid + Follistim = BFP
    DD #2 {12-31-2009}
    2 more years of failed IF treatments and a failed adoption TTC #3
    TTC Journey Over~ Not By Choice
  • Options
    Ditto PPs on the possibilities, but I hope that a couple of those little follies take the lead so you can make it to your IUI.
    TTC since 11/09
    Two C/P and Lots of Tests
    Me = LPD + cancer survivor, DH = low count and morphology
    IUIs #1-5, January 2011 - June 2011 = BFN
    IVF #1 in July/August 2011 = BFP!!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"