Working Moms

Working Issue?

My positon at work is general clerk (or as most call it, the floater). I basically work for different departments and do all their filing, sorting, shredding, copying, etc. I also cover the front desk for breaks, lunches, and any time off. Currently, i've been covering the front desk for about eight weeks since my coworker went on maternity leave. She will be returning Thursday and I am not sure what's going to happen to me (I don't know if i'll go to my old position or they will let me stay at the front desk for the rest of my pregnancy). Anyway, If I scheduled again doing my old job, I am pretty sure I'll suffer for the remaining two months. My feet swell A LOT and my legs ache and get sore due to edema. My floating postion involves standing most of the day, bending down, and even getting on a step ladder to do filing, therefore, I can just picture going home after a long day at work with my lovely swelling feet. Would it be too much to ask my boss and coworker if I could just stay at the front desk for the rest of my pregnancy? I sit all day but am able to put my feet up and get up and walk whenever possible. Do I sound like i'm just complaining? Should I just keep my mouth shut and stick it through?

Re: Working Issue?

• Maybe you could ask about working the floater job 20 hours and the reception job for 20 hours.  Just getting back from maternity leave, I am sure the regular receptionist would want to just sit and not run around doing your job.

• You can ask but you may need a note from your doctor.  I don't see any harm in asking.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You can ask, but I would also show them you are doing what you can to minimize issues too - primarily wearing compression stockings (support hose) and wearing supportive shoes.  I have edema in my lower legs all the time (yay genetics!) and pregnancy wasn't that great for it either, but if you keep on top of it, it does help.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • What kind of shoes can I use that are supportive? My feet practically don't fit in anything anymore. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"