Pregnant after IF

Metformin and Pregnancy

Did anyone conceive on metformin? I have the option to take it, by itself for now, and I was wondering if there were any success stories out there? If you did, how long were you on it before you got a BFP.

thanks

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Metformin and Pregnancy

• I was taking Metformin, but it was in conjuction with other fertility meds. Metformin alone didn't do it for me.
    6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagestillwaiting12:
    I was taking Metformin, but it was in conjuction with other fertility meds. Metformin alone didn't do it for me.

This.  Though my second pregnancy was while on a break cycle and I was on met.  I had been on it for about 6 months maybe?  

Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Loading the player...
  • I went on Metformin in August 2010 (2000 mg a day) and was on it for nearly 6 months before we started our first round of Clomid+Ovidrel. I got my BFP on my second clomid+Ovidrel cycle in March so I had been on the Met for almost 8 months.

Overall I lost about 20lbs in the first 4 months on Met and then plataued in my weight loss. I believe that the weightloss helped in my treatment.

Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagestillwaiting12:
    I was taking Metformin, but it was in conjuction with other fertility meds. Metformin alone didn't do it for me.

Same here.  And I was on Met for quite a while.
  • imagehalfnhalf:
    imagestillwaiting12:

Same here.  And I was on Met for quite a while.

This was me....it was part of the cocktail, but a small part.

My sister did conceive on Met alone, so its not impossible.  It really depends on your diagnosis and hormone levels.  GL!

TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I was on metformin and clomid.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"