Trouble TTC

We have a new plan! (long)

I was going to title this "Plan B" but I think at this point in we have moved well beyond Plan B, and are on to Plan E or F.

Anyway, Friday we met with our RE (actually her partner, since ours is out on maternity leave) to discuss IVF. I had a few concerns about doing IVF with this clinic, but she addressed all of my questions and I feel really comfortable moving forward with them. So it looks like barring any surprise BFP's in the next two months, we will be doing IVF in July. I am completely overwhelmed by this and everything that needs to be done in preparation. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around everything, but the nurses are amazing and promise to hold my hand through it all, so hopefully everything will go off without a hitch.

I never thought we'd get to this point, but most of us probably didn't expect to be here. I can't tell you how much I appreciate this board and all the support I have gotten here. I don't know that I would have made it this far without losing my mind if if weren't for you guys.

And in another attempt to keep from losing my mind, I finally started writing about my IF experience in a new blog (in siggy). DH wouldn't let me write about it on our regular blog--he wants to control who we tell and when, which I understand. I just have so many thoughts bouncing around my head related to all this that I wanted to get it out. Thus, the new blog.  I've loved reading everyone else's blogs, it's nice to know we aren't alone!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
TTC #1 since 2009 with unexplained infertility
IUI#1-4 Jan.-Apr. 2011 = BFNs
IVF#1 Aug. 2011 = c/p, FET #1 Nov. 2011 = c/p, FET #2 April 2012 = BFP!
Beta #1 = 153, Beta #2 = 269, Beta #3 = 675
1st U/S = TWINS!! EDD 12/29/12
my blog: Journey to Somewhere
~~PAIFW/SAIFW~~
Photobucket
April IVF Spring Chicks

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: We have a new plan! (long)

• Yay for a plan moving forward!! Good luck!
    1st Iui+Clomid+Ovidrel 8-13-11 BFP
    Beta @ 16dpiui=289
    Beta @20dpiui=1309
    Beta @24dpiui=3969
    IT'S A GIRL..MADELYNN ELIZABETH
    Madelynn Elizabeth born 31w6d's due to pre e.
    Welcome to the world princess!
    3-9-12
    3.7lbs/ 17 inches
  • Yay on moving forward. I've been waiting for your update!  Do you know what protocol you will be on? I will definitely read your blog but have to do it at home. Work blocks access to blogs:-(     I've been thinking about writing one too.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Loading the player...
  • imageMrs.McIrish:

Yay on moving forward. I've been waiting for your update!  Do you know what protocol you will be on? I will definitely read your blog but have to do it at home. Work blocks access to blogs:-(     I've been thinking about writing one too.

I have a list of questions to bombard the nurses with today, and that is one of them. She said antagonist protocol, with Gonal-F (300 units I think?), but I need more details. I'm an annoyingly detail oriented person. :) 

Good luck with your IUI this week!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 2009 with unexplained infertility
    IUI#1-4 Jan.-Apr. 2011 = BFNs
    IVF#1 Aug. 2011 = c/p, FET #1 Nov. 2011 = c/p, FET #2 April 2012 = BFP!
    Beta #1 = 153, Beta #2 = 269, Beta #3 = 675
    1st U/S = TWINS!! EDD 12/29/12
    my blog: Journey to Somewhere
    ~~PAIFW/SAIFW~~
    Photobucket
    April IVF Spring Chicks

Pregnancy Ticker
  • yeah for a new plan!!  IVF is my next option if this cycle doesn't work too.  Best of luck to you!
     TTC #1 since 6/09
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
      3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
    14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

• Good luck with your new plan! Blogging can be so therapeutic, so I hope it helps :)
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • Yeah for a new plan & getting to blog about it.  I find it to be very therapudic; it is also nice to get to look back on my journey so far.  Hopefully it will help keep you from getting trapped in the "IF brain"Big Smile

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• Yay! Glad you have a plan. Everything will seem so overwhelming at the begin but just remember to take it one day at a time and remember we are all here for you through this. Good luck sweetie!
    imageimage
    TTC Since 2/2009
    2/2010 - 5/2010 Testing with OBGYN
    8/2010 First RE Appointment
    11/2010 Second Opinion RE Appointment
    12/2010 Clomid + IUI #1 = BFN
    1/2011 Clomid + IUI #2 = BFN
    2/2011 Clomid + IUI #3 = BFN
    5/2011 IVF #1, ET 6/2, Beta 6/15 = BFN
    8/2011 FET ET 9/12 = BFN :0(
    On a break to save money.
    1/2012 IVF #2 ER 1/12, ET 1/15, Beta 1/27 = BFFN
    4/2012 FET ET ??/?? =
    p/saif welcome
  • I am glad that you have a new plan and I hope that all goes smoothly for you with your upcoming IVF cycle! 

I don't have any advice but I am thinking of you and rooting for you!  Wishing you lots of luck!

<3 Tons of love and hugs to Ricola & Baby Alex <3 <br> MySweetBaboo, IRL friend, always rooting for Baboo #2, love ya girl!<3 <br> 7.7.11 BFP | 3.19.12 EDD | 3.14.12 Baby Girl's BDay
    | Purse Blog |
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sounds like a good plan -- best of luck to you in your upcoming IVF cycle!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm glad you have a plan. That's half the battle in IF I think. I know it's overwhelming right now, but I found that it actually got easier once we got all the paperwork in and my meds came. I still had a ton of questions about the process, but all the red tape was done, and that's a nice feeling. If you have questions feel free to PM me. I wrote about the whole thing in my blog, too if you ever need to commisserate. Good luck!

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• Good luck with the new plan!

2004- DX with PCOS

6/2011- Gonal-F + Ganirelix + Oviderl and Crinone= BFP

7/7/2011 Beta #1 119 Beta #2 563 Beta#3 4178

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

http://tinypic.com/r/25z7709/8

• Many, many many thoughts and prayers as always. Rooting for JULY!

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Whatever it takes, we walk together." ~Pittsburgh Penguins
    My IF-turned-baby blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"