Infertility

~*~DE/DEmbryo/GC Check-in~*~

This group is open to anyone who has already gone through donor egg/donor embryo/gestational carrier, is in the process of it, or plan on doing it in the future. 

This check-in posted each Tuesday.  If you?d like to be added to this group, please reply to this message, and I?ll make sure to add you for next week.  Welcome to the lurkers!  We know this can be a difficult journey, but we welcome you with open arms.  Let us know if we can answer any questions.

GRADUATES ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO POST! 

ANNOUNCEMENT: BathingInBitter has started a PRIVATE Facebook group (meaning no one can see it in your feed, that you are a member, etc.) for the ladies from IF and SAIF who are using/have used donor egg/embryos or donor sperm.  If you would like to join, please page BathingInBitter, Yellow_Daisy, Roselln2 or svp1537 and ask for an invite to the group.  This might be a nice way to keep in touch in a more private setting and address issues that may arise down the road.

***** If you are a donor or interested in donating, we would be happy to answer questions.  Please start a new post with ?Question for DE ladies? as the title. *****

Status Update: Where are you currently with the DE/ DEmbryo/ GC process?

QOTW: Has IF changed your ideas about how many children you would like to have?

All the best to Imanurse03 on your donor's ER today! We are all excited for you! 

Huge congratulations to lenebene on your great first ultrasound  ? Can't wait for more news on Friday!

Hugs to may2806 as you await your ultrasound.

Tons of u/s vibes to hollymichael!! 

Best wishes to ashleyann82 and snoangel79 as your cycles get underway!

Good luck to emca and Dreamalotmp as you search for your donors! The perfect match is out there for you!

So happy for you Lulubelle!! It will feel great to get off your meds!

Currently Cycling or on BCP?s

ashleyann82 ? Cycling in February (shared cycle) - Chose a new donor after first one backed out, another couple chose donor, so locked into shared cycle, donor ready to cycle! Everything looked good on SHG, got Lupron shot, first monitoring appointment on 6/1, ER and ET anticipated for 6/12 or 6/14 and 6/17 or 6/19   

baze2 ? Pursuing DE, donor selected and cycle started  

Imanurse03 ? Donor selected, cycle planned for beginning of March, on BCP?s now, hysteroscopy scheduled for 3/3 but delayed due to possible MRSA, rescheduled hysteroscopy showed everything looking good, ER anticipated for 5/31  

snoangel79 ? Dx with POF, married in September, preparing for DE cycle - HSG was normal, found out insurance will pay for IVF and donor's meds, cycle anticipated for end of June/beginning of July, donor's Day 3 tests looked good, lining check this week

Waiting to Cycle/Between Cycles

07may07 ? Preparing for DE cycle with sister's eggs, hoping for July 

Dreamalotmp ? DOR, AMA, considering DE IVF + ICSI after 4 failed IUIs, clinic provides donors, put down deposit to start donor search

emca ? Considering DE after 7 early miscarriages, including after IVF with CGH testing, second opinion RE suggested another IVF/PGD cycle but decided on DE, looked at the clinic donor pool, appointment with psychologist went well and cleared to cycle, narrowed down donor options and got opinion from RE   

Ginger71 ? Staring the DE process in the New Year, considering DE + DS, consult scheduled for 1/26 to discuss next steps, decided on a guarantee program and moving forward, working on financial details  

jacksmom07 ? Decided on a clinic and chose a donor, mock transfer and more tests in May, ET anticipated for August

koyn ? Just beginning to research DE after IVF BFN?s, decided on DE, considering Shady Grove or RBA, setting up an appointment with Shady Grove but leaning toward RBA  

LaMoonie ? DE cycle was a BFN, possible blood flow resistance issue, have 4 frozen embryos, contemplating a FET possibly with GC (sister) 

M&MBride0506 ? Medicated cycle (Clomid) with sister, IUI was BFN, considering injectables or IVF 

MarriedaSportsNut ? BFP on first DE cycle but lost baby due to rare defect (Acrania), DE IVF #2 was c/p, 5 frozen embryos, FET of 2 embryos 12/17 was BFN, 2 frosties left, made an appointment for a second opinion, blogging about DE at https://bloominbabies.blogspot.com/search/label/Golden Bud  

may2806 ? Confirmed donor, blood work all looks good, DE IVF #1 = ectopic (((hugs))), decided to stay at current clinic, hysteroscopy showed loose tissue that was removed and mild adenomyosis, started Lupron Depot treatment, found a new donor, waiting to move forward, cycle postponed until June due to a delay with the other couple, u/s on 6/8 to check on uterus

MRSBELLALEE ? FET 10/26/09 = BFN, fresh DE cycle 4/10/10 = BFN, polyps removed in July, FET 9/10 = BFN, in contact with SIRM, NKC high but everything else normal, working with new RE in Maryland who recommended the Integrin B test 

onedaychristinak ? Received treatment for pituitary tumor, dealing with numerous cancelled cycles due to poor lining, had a hysteroscopy and D&C to facilitate a better lining, started Estrace and Vivelle patches, acupuncture, also looking into GC and adoption, FET on 2/22 of 2 embryos, lining at 9.8, BFN, taking a break and looking toward adoption   

PoeticJustice (OE) ? Genetic testing/balanced translocation normal, working with a new RE, had hysteroscopy, IVF#2 ? ER was 1/22, 33 eggs retrieved, 24 mature, and 24 fertilized, ET was 1/27, 7 frozen embryos, BFN (((hugs)))  

rewdew  ? Going straight to DE with ICSI after removal of one ovary and elevated FSH, also dealing with MFI, DE IVF #1 = BFN (((hugs))), 2 morulas frozen, natural FET anticipated for September   

RFBsbride ? Working on losing weight with DH, beginning donor search in December

shyntrue ? Just beginning the DE journey, still waiting on a donor

vawad82 ? BFP on 1st attempt with donor ? m/c, huge hugs

Looking into Options

ACM1616 ? Looking into DE, but clinic requires it to be with a known donor, talking things over with her sister

aebaby ? Mini-IVF cycle resulted in 2 embryos that did not grow past 4 cells, currently researching DE clinics to find one with an in-house donor pool

ceemonkey ? High FSH on her side and sertoli-cell only syndrome on DH's side, considering OE vs. DE

Delta04 ? 2 failed IVF cycles with OE, getting more information about DE

ErnieH ? 3 failed IVF cycles after trying Clomid and injectables, poor embryo quality, looking for egg donor now, considering 2 donors, planning for a cycle in April or May

Hoping4more ? Cycle using sister as GC is probably on hold forever, now going to cycle with own eggs and is applying to foster/adopt

hurricaneh ? Taking break from the board, will do FET in the future

Jasmine19 ? Looking into donor egg due to heart rhythm condition

kekis ? Unresponsive to IVF meds, considering DE in the new year, decided to start the adoption process

Slinky21 ? Diagnosed with POF in October 2009, contemplating DE 

~*~Recent Successes~*~

hollymichael ? DE IVF #1 = c/p (((hugs))), chose new donor for next cycle, match is complete! ER and ET complete, BFP! Betas looking good! First u/s this week  

lenebene ? Split DE cycle underway, on estrogen, donor started stims, ER on 4/25, ET is done - BFP! Beta #1 = 314, Beta #2 = 664, u/s showed one bean, u/s #2 this Friday   

Lulubelle ? Diagnosed with POF at age 19, has a daughter who is almost 2 from a previous DE cycle, original donor contacted and agreed to donate again, fert report: 13 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, and 11 fertilized, 5dt on 4/20, beta #1 = 224, first u/s showed one beautiful heartbeat! Baby looked great at second u/s, graduated to OB  

~*~Graduates~*~

Arb212 ? BFP on 1st attempt (boy/girl twins)!  Babies born on 2/9/10!

Ashley ? BFP w/gestational carrier ? baby girl

AXLbaby ? BFP on 1st attempt (baby girl)!

BathingInBitter ? DE IVF #1 = BFN, surprise BFP! beta #1 on 12/20 = 1,208, first u/s scheduled for 12/27

bluebabka ? Cycle synched with donor?s, everything finalized, began estrogen patches, triple lining of 8/2, ER was 2/15, 13 eggs retrieved, ET of 2 blasts on 2/19, beta on 3/2 ? BFP! First u/s showed two but follow-up showed one beautiful baby with a heartbeat of 174, graduated to OB, due date is 11/8/11

BRSAugust20 ? BFP (singleton)! Joseph is here! Out of his helmet and looking great

Cat2 ? BFP on 1st attempt with donor! (singleton)

CharBart ? BFP on 1st attempt with donor!  Twins! 2 boys! Small SCH, restricted to 8 hours work per day 

Dansbride06 ? BFP (baby boy)! Tanner is here!

epphd ? BFP (baby boy)!  Nubbin is here! Pregnant with OE in December, NT scan and CVS at 12 weeks showed chromosomal abnormality, D&E (((hugs)))

erinandbrockv ? DE cycle using sister?s eggs, AMH and other blood work looks great, sister started stims on 1/21, ER on 2/8, ET on 2/13, beta #1 scheduled for on 2/23

Floridakat (OE) ? twin girls! 

Futuremom2b ? BFP (twin girls)! Born on 11/27/09!

GymDogFran ? Frozen egg program, twin girls!

hep01 ? BFP on 1st attempt with donor ? m/c, huge hugs, blood work results are back and showed a strand of MTHFR so started Lovenox before ET, transferred 2 frozen embryos on 2/1, beta #1 on 2/14, first u/s on 3/2 - twins! 
HopeCounts
? BFP on FET (singleton)!

ichoosehope ? On BCP?s for DE cycle, contract is finalized, repeat trial transfer, blood work, and HSG are done, ER on 3/4, 38 eggs retrieved, 34 mature, 3dt of 2 embryos on 3/, first u/s showed two sacs one bigger than the other, next u/s was scheduled for 4/4
iwannababy2010
? BFP on 1st attempt with donor! Everything looked good on NT scan, due on 5/12!  

jcath ? Donor egg cycle with frozen egg bank, chose donor and back-up, had endo biopsy, 5dt on 1/26, beta #1 = 118, betas have been good, first u/s on 2/21 showed identical twins! Unplanned u/s, both babies looking good, two girls!

Jenn-N-Jay ? BFP (singleton)!

Jhleap ? BFP on 1st attempt ? team green! 

JM1977 ? DE IVF #1 = BFN, DE IVF #2 - eSET on day 5 (12/15), beta on 12/28 = 1,035, beta on 12/30 = 2,234, first OB appointment showed baby measuring right on track, due date is 9/2/11, it?s a girl!

jmn69 ? Already has twins from DE

juliannat ? BFP ? boy/girl twins!

kdussault ? Donor egg cycle with known donor, 3dt on 1/22 of one perfect embryo, BFP! NT scan went great, anatomy scan on 5/19
KoCoLoCo ? BFP w/gestational carrier (1st attempt) ? boy/girl twins born August 2009!

LBR_NJ ? BFP (girl)! Alana arrived on 12/9/09! FET scheduled for 12/10 but embryo did not survive the thaw

mamabear7 ? DE IVF#1, 26 eggs retrieved! 5dt of 2 embryos on 11/7, BFP! beta #1 = 347! Beta #2 = 1,073, first u/s on 12/3 showed twins! Anatomy scan showed a healthy boy and girl, measuring perfect

MontyMrs (OE) ? 4th IVF = BFP! Triplets!

njohnson1972 (OE) ? Last attempt with OE, transferred 2 embryos on 11/6, BFP!

Oct14 ? DE IVF #1 = c/p, DE FET = BFN, GC cycle in March, transferred 2 frozen embryos, BFP! Betas looking good, first u/s scheduled for 4/25

PiggyBride ? Singleton due 3/2/11

pst8 ? BFP using her sister as a gestational carrier, due in February

RachelD83 ? BFP on 2nd FET (single embryo transfer) ? boy!  Jonathan born on 12/8 at 38w3d, going back to work in the next few weeks  

saratogabride08 ? DE IVF#1 cancelled, cycled again with the same donor with adjustments to the protocol, ET of 2 embryos on 12/18, first 2 betas looking good

Stuckinthemiddle (OE) ? ET for last attempt with OE was 1/19, beta hell, first u/s looked good

SunMoon&Stars ? Cycling using frozen eggs, 5dt on 12/8, beta #1 on 12/17 = 74.8, beta # 2 = 439, first u/s on 1/7, final RE appointment on 2/4 at 11 weeks   

svp1537 ? BFP ? twins!  Everything is looking great, released to OB

Vet-Tech ? BFP with donor embryos, baby girl born 9/20/10!

Haven?t heard from you in a while ? We miss you!

2linesn09 ? BFP w/GC but ended in miscarriage

2linesplease ? Looking into DE options

BBLindy ? Looking into DE options

Davesmisha ? Hoping to do an FET with donor embryos in October

Denise ? Pursuing DE

Hoodlum90 (OE) ? One more IVF with OE, if fails possibly using sister?s eggs

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN:0in 0in 0pt
TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ~*~DE/DEmbryo/GC Check-in~*~

•  Update:

Ultrasound was today to check lining, um it's 11.6 YAY!!!! Coming off Estrogen on June 10 and trying to get a period with Provera. My donor is having her bloods/psych stuff on June 9th. Looks like we are still on track for July transfer cross fingers cross toes!!

QOTW: Has IF changed your ideas about how many children you would like to have? I would really like 2!! but I'd definitely be ok with one! anything please!!!

All the best to everyone awaiting big news, starting cycles, finding donors!!! <: 

Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Update - I go for a 2nd ultrasound on Friday....  we should be able to hear the heartbeat and I can be released to the OB.  Can't wait!!!

QOTW - OMG YES!!!!!!  I wanted a house full of kids.  We bought a huge house (5 bedrooms) because I wanted a ton of kids.  Right now I'm pregnant with one, so it looks we'll be having an only child unless we have a miracle after this one is born.   

IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • emcaemca member

Hugs and best wishes to all that need it! 

Status Update: Where are you currently with the DE/ DEmbryo/ GC process?

We are picking our donor this week and will let our RE know so we can begin scheduling our cycle.  We are picking someone who looks NOTHING like me, but I like her profile and she is by far the "cutest" of all three we narrowed down to. :-)

QOTW: Has IF changed your ideas about how many children you would like to have?

I still would like 2 kids, but if I only have 1, that is OK too.  I always wanted 2 or 3 children, but IF/miscarriage has definitely made me open to only having 1 child.

After 1 IUI, 3 IVF's with CGH/CCS testing, 10 early miscarriages, and lots of tears and frustration, we are moving on to Domestic Infant Adoption!  We are so excited to see what the future holds.

• JM1977JM1977 member

Update: Everything looked good at my OB appointment last week.  I have my diabetes test and Rhogam shot a week from today.  I've been feeling somewhat overwhelmed with getting everything ready for the baby, working full-time, having a little more trouble getting around, etc., but overall things are going smoothly.  I find myself being really thankful for the opportunity to go through this pregnancy.

QOTW: Not too much.  I always thought I wanted 2 kids, and that is still the ideal number I would like, but IF has made me more open to other possibilities as well.  We have 2 frozen embryos, so that may make for some difficult decisions...

TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So happy to see some good fert reports and u/s results from you ladies!!  Fingers crossed for everyone cycling/getting ready to cycle.  Hugs to those that need them!

QOTD:  I always wanted two kids.  We have a frozen day 3 embryo that we are going to use and I am okay with either result.  I would love J to have a sibling because we are "older" parents.  If he winds up being an only, we plan on making sure we do enough when he is young that he gets to experience lots of things that we might not be able to do as a family of 4 (at least that is what I rationalize to myself).

Update: We had a great holiday weekend, the weather was amazing.  We took J on the swings and had him in his inflatable pool - both of which made him a squealing happy boy!  He is getting up on this hands and knees and rocking back and forth but can't figure out how to crawl yet but I suspect we better start thinking of babyproofing.  Other than that, the introduction of finger foods is going very slowly - he gags with the littlest texture once it hits his tongue. So we just keep trying every few days and hope one day the switch will flip and he will figure it out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"