High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Taken off work at 22 weeks - No STD insurance

Hi ladies, I am new posting on this board.  Usually I post on the multiples board.  I was diagnosed with Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS) last week.  While I am not on strict bed rest right now, my MFM advised me not to work and take it easy, especially since I work 12 hour shifts on my feet all day.  There is a likely chance I will require surgery in the next few weeks and then I will be on bed rest for an infinite amount of time.  I am a per diem employee and don't have benefits from my job.  Does anyone know if there are other options out there for disability benefits?  I live in Texas.  Any info could be helpful.  Thanks!

Re: Taken off work at 22 weeks - No STD insurance

• Options

Hey there! Recognize you from the multiples board.  I'm also dealing with this working as a nurse.  I'm technically on light duty but my employer still hasn't totally worked out what I'm going to be doing.  I don't know about STD specifically in Texas but I know that I searched high and low for information online about an individual policy and couldn't find anything.  Most of the policies I've heard of have a waiting period before you can use them also, like you have to have had the policy for a 10 months to a year before you can actually make a claim and receive benefits. 

Sorry if this seems like rambling and I didn't really have too much helpful information.  I know how stressful it is when you still have all of this time left in your pregnancy and things aren't going as you'd hoped and now you can't work.  I've been off of work for a little over a month now and I think it's starting to make me feel depressed.  I feel like I don't have enough of a connection with the outside world.   I guess it just sometimes helps to know that others are feeling the same things you are.

Good luck with all of the monitoring for TTTS.  It doesn't always seem like things are going to be okay, but you never know.  Things could turn around.  At my appointment last week, our recipient and donor had switched post ablation and their fluid pockets were 8.5 and 1.8.  I went back in for an u/s today and their pockets were 7.5 and 3.2 with good blood flow and good bladders on both babies.  Will be thinking of you and your babies and hope you can update in the future with more good news than bad.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"